• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't tell ORM...

Shrimp in a Kilt

But Kevin Maher's away shirt from last season is currently on e-bay... and it's signed by the great man himself.

tounge.gif

Kev's shirt on e-bay

The seller needs a damn good thrashing ! (oh and the description missed off the words hero and legend). Only the fact that I refuse ever to part with personal financial information across the web (no matter how 'secure' the site) prevents me from this treasure falling into the wrong hands.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 10 2005,10:33)]The seller needs a damn good thrashing ! (oh and the description missed off the words hero and legend). Only the fact that I refuse ever to part with personal financial information across the web (no matter how 'secure' the site) prevents me from this treasure falling into the wrong hands.
erm, you don't part with any financial info on ebay.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 10 2005,10:33)]The seller needs a damn good thrashing ! (oh and the description missed off the words hero and legend). Only the fact that I refuse ever to part with personal financial information across the web (no matter how 'secure' the site) prevents me from this treasure falling into the wrong hands.
That always makes me laugh when I read that when you consider people will freely hand over details over the phone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 10 2005,10:42)]
[b said:
That always makes me laugh when I read that when you consider people will freely hand over details over the phone.
Fair point Dave ! When I saw you'd replied to this thread I thought it was to say "Don't worry ORM, I'll make sure Kev sets aside this season's shirt especially for you".
biggrin.gif

How many people actually know of anyone that has had their financial details hijacked from a secure internet site?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 10 2005,10:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 10 2005,10:42)]
[b said:
Fair point Dave ! When I saw you'd replied to this thread I thought it was to say "Don't worry ORM, I'll make sure Kev sets aside this season's shirt especially for you".
biggrin.gif
He wont. He's saving it for me instead
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Jan. 10 2005,12:12)]How many people actually know of anyone that has had their financial details hijacked from a secure internet site?
Didn't a spotty fifteen year old hack into Paypal a few months ago and diverted all the payments to his bank account.

Although he got caught it just shows it can happen. Mind you I've not had any problems with it.

Just get a credit card that insures against internet fraud. Or join Cahoot as they have a system called webcard that is a little applet that gives out a one off visa number that can only be used once and you can specify how much it will allow for the transaction. So even if they do hack a site they will not be able to use it again if the transaction to visa was already completed or if it was not completed then use it for more than the agreed amount.

The difference between Web and Phone in my opinion is that you give your details to the people you are obtaining the service from and only they can abuse it. Whereby on t'internet there are plenty of people looking to hack systems and get this info. If i remember rightly there was a period of time where you had access to customers of Abbey National internet accounts without a password!

That said i use t'internet banking and don't worry about it.

I didn't realise that our Kev had such a following - the shirt is up to £55 including postage, with 12 hours left. Frankly, I wouldn't pay out that sort of money for any shirt, let alone a used one...

tounge.gif

Back