• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Played very well with Eastwood tonight , defiantly worth another look :thumbsup:
Not sure I'd go with "played ​very well" but I agree he's worth another look. His instinct was a bit off, and I think there was frustration from others at times regarding judgement, but certainly looked a handful on occasions.

I too thought he worth another look. He certainly has pace and he at times linked up well with our other players. On the downside he did have a couple of shooting opportunities but neither peg got loaded. That could be the reason for his low goal tally so whilst he did look useful, would the Roots Hall faithful adopt a forward that, whilst contributing to the side, doesn't score goals?

Very quick and strong, movement was decent but first touch was dreadful and didn't seem to know what to do when he had the ball.

We need better than some guy who has never played a game in this country. Hopefully Brown is looking at strikers, perhaps a loan or two from the Hammers.

Not great, seemed to lack any sort of positional sense & movement, he was playing against a side from lower non league & never had a shot.......... Orient beat them 7-0, we go there and draw 1-1.........PB has a lot to do!!

Not great, seemed to lack any sort of positional sense & movement, he was playing against a side from lower non league & never had a shot.......... Orient beat them 7-0, we go there and draw 1-1.........PB has a lot to do!!
My thoughts exactly
UTB

He has, but I wouldn't read too much into results. We were all over them for 90 minutes and should have had at least five last night. Then one mistake by Bentley and it's 1-1.

He has, but I wouldn't read too much into results. We were all over them for 90 minutes and should have had at least five last night. Then one mistake by Bentley and it's 1-1.

the only thing with that is its the same throughout the season lol, thats the SUFC i know anyway very frustrating lol,

Might just be lacking confidence, if he hasn't played much for a few years then he won't be taking every chance he gets, if we see him in action a bit more we might get to see if it is just him feeling a bit rusty or if he's not worth it.

Just read this thread and it seems he didn't set the world alight in one friendly and he hasn't played much over the last few seasons. Saying he is "not good enough" because he has only played 10 games in the last 2 seasons is being ignorant. He suffered from a serious injury at Stevenage that ruled him out for 6 months and along with a series of other niggling injuries it seemed that his lack of game time was down to injury rather than ability.

As for basing the team on a friendly against a non-league team, is very risky. Rohan Ricketts scored a hat-trick in a friendly match for us and anyone know what happened to him? IIRC Zaaboub did very well in pre-season matches and was dire the rest of the time.

Brings something different and probably quite cheap- him plus one to complete forward line?

think a lot were putting Tomlin down last season until he found his confidence and stated scoring . Give the guy a chance ,need some pace up forward. let him get his confidence and touch back and who knows may just have another Tomlin in our squad.

Back