• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Doncaster Rovers 3-0 Southend United

I understand what he’s saying but forget the result.....a loss is a loss....but Jesus the performance!!!!????

What a strange set of quotes, but this is the cherry on the cake.

“We were chasing the game after that and we’re not really that type of side.”

So basically if we go a goal down we’re screwed?

So we were in the game for 13 minutes? Great

His demeanour is that of a beaten man

Fair play to anyone that went tonight. You deserve better than that and them comments from Powell are insulting to you

I think we'll survive, if only because several of the teams below us are struggling to gain any points at all. Only Bristol Rovers and Oxford seem to be doing so at the moment. Looking at our fixture list we should beat AFC Wimbledon and Shrewsbury at home, with a chance of beating Wycombe, Walsall and Burton as well. Three or four wins and a couple of draws from our remaining fourteen games should see us safe. That said it would be good to start with a point v. Portsomouth on Saturday.

I can see Ronald pulling the plug if we get thumped saturday

Surely he’s got to be getting an itchy trigger finger. I still don’t think he actually wanted to sack Brown but we were getting relegated. That performance tonight is the final straw for me, we have officially gone backwards. That was worse than Brown’s last game in charge. Ron won’t have us getting relegated, he’s already proven that with Brown

With our upcoming fixtures the clock is surely ticking

Would be quite something to get relegated twice in a season
we will get relegate this season is my belief should Ron keep Powell on ,and if he in charge next season we will be relegated agin , is that more clear for you little brain.

I think we'll survive, if only because several of the teams below us are struggling to gain any points at all. Only Bristol Rovers and Oxford seem to be doing so at the moment. Looking at our fixture list we should beat AFC Wimbledon and Shrewsbury at home, with a chance of beating Wycombe, Walsall and Burton as well. Three or four wins and a couple of draws from our remaining fourteen games should see us safe. That said it would be good to start with a point v. Portsomouth on Saturday.
You are a braver man than I if you'd bet on us beating anybody at home at the moment. I am convinced we are going down if Powell stays.

Very disappointing after a bright opening 15 minutes. But once the first goal went in there was no way back as we lack any pace or invention to unlock teams.
Teams clearly have Elvis down as our weak link. He was skinned countless times and his poor positional sense makes it all too easy for the opposition to exploit.
The initial set up riled me. Seeing Cox being wasted on the left hand side of midfield was baffling. This left Humphrys isolated and his frustration was clear to see.

Only some fine goalkeeping from young Nathan Bishop kept the score down, even though he was at fault for the second.
The other player for me who came out with some credit was Dieng. He at least tried to get on the ball and was prominent throughout.

Relegation is a real possibility, particularly with our shocking home form. Ron will only let this go on for so long.

we will get relegate this season is my belief should Ron keep Powell on ,and if he in charge next season we will be relegated agin , is that more clear for you little brain.

Sorry, not following. Can you make it clearer?

For those saying Powell out, whose to say changing manager would change anything. What if we are doing the same?

I think Powell is in trouble now, those comments
are not good reading. Just don’t understand why he doesn’t go back to basics like he did when he first came in....

Sorry, not following. Can you make it clearer?

For those saying Powell out, whose to say changing manager would change anything. What if we are doing the same?
Never any guarantees my friend, but it is clear that fresh impetus and more progressive football than this ****e being dished up is required to give us any hope of emerging from this seemingly terminal slump.

Watched on ifollow.
Thought the opening 30 minutes we were really good. So saying we were gutless for the whole game I don’t agree with. Then for the opening ten of the second half we also were good.

But during those periods we conceded. When we lose the ball we look so vulnerable. It reminds me of the championship relegation season where we’d do nice bits and then one error or lack of concentration they’ve scored.

Lucky to not have lost by more - but also we could have easily been 1 or 2 up ourselves in the opening 10.

A few things;
- Defending from corners OMG so terrible. Like a hungover Sunday league team. I laughed at one point because it was so rubbish.
- Klass was really bright I thought, taking him off on 60 was wrong. Strange thing to do.
- Humphreys so isolated at times.
- 4231 is the right formation but even I am beginning to question the two “holding” players who are meant to be breaking up play...
- I can see why we’d bring Kightly on - to play a wide 433 but I honestly don’t think Kightly or McLaughlin touched the ball in the second half apart from the last 5 minutes where they let us have it.
- elvis is done for a while now - guy must be knackered I just worry that these constant games will ruin him.
- bring on Saturday

On a positive note ... ifollow - great thing. Could you even imagine that 20 years ago.

I’m torn with who to blame to be honest.

On the one hand can Powell really be blamed when Mantom and Turner give the ball away with 5 yard passes under no real pressure?

I also can see why Michael Klass started last night, he was lively when he came on at The Valley and I’m gonna throw it out there and say he was one of the few to come out of last night’s game with any credit.

What I can’t understand from our manager though was why he played him out of position up front and then asked Simon Cox to stay wide left. This is a position that is alien to Coxy anyway but even stranger when you have Stephen McLaughlin on the same pitch who is then also asked to play out of position on the right.

The midfield 3 of Yearwood, Mantom and Dieng hasn’t worked all season and though Dru was suspended last night the same issues remain. We desperately lack any creativity in the midfield and we’ve lost the quality service from wide positions we’ve relied on to make up for this with all the injuries. In a regular season we’d get by due to good attacking play down the wings from Coker and Demetriou but sadly Sam Hart and Bwomono are nowhere near the same standard.

I’m still hopeful at this stage that with the wind blowing in the right direction we’ve got enough about us to win enough games to stay up. But it’s gonna be tight because I just don’t see where the next win is coming from.

Back