• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
Forget spending precious cash on over paid new players ... we have the answer to our problems right under our noses ! Youth !!!!

In our stiffs tonight we have Dan Harvey --- i've seen this lad several times + on each occasion he looks very accomplished .. can defend and attack , is calm under pressure + actually passes not hoofs it. Now he has had a few months of Spanish football under his belt hopefully more experienced aswell. Having seen Sankofa's nightmare last night + Francis looking so comfortable at centre back .. Harvey deserves a chance !!

Then we have our Congolese International Peggy Lokando . Although rather slightly built this youngster has the first touch of a Prem player. Once he beefs up + adds steel to his game ,, if we can keep him sweet + give him a few games here and there he could be the secret weapon for next season.

Stu O'Keefe - are you Sawyer in disguise ? Box to box and as keen as mustard.

Medi Abalimba - anyone who has Man Utd + Liverpool sniffing around him needs to seriously considered to step up to the 1st team set up.

James Lindie -- Big Shrimp says he's good enough so thats good enough for me!

Add these to our squad of promising youngsters Grant , Moussa , Walker , Herd , who are all starting to look absolute class now they are finally given the chance.

Dont forget Francis , Christophe , Laurent , Scannell all still young and learning their trade ... they will only get better + better with time.

so the future is bright !!! + the biggest problem we should be worrying about is if Tilly doesnt give Ricky Duncan's boys a game we could end up losing them which would be a massive shame... especially if we instead go and blow 250k / 500 k on another big salaried player with far less passion for Southend United FC .

I've said it before we aint going up we aint going down so give the kids a chance now!!

Then go long of SUFC points on sporting index in the summer and your season ticket will be more than paid for
icon12.gif

I think we've got the policy just right at the moment, loaning out promising stars and nurturing them behind the scenes and giving them a chance to prove themselves where possible.

But right now we need some level heads out there and some sensible decision making.

.... and then Uncle Ron can spend a couple of grand on knocking down a wall and make it possible for us all to to actually get in AND out of the west stand loo's at half time without missing the Bluebelles !!!
icon10.gif

.... and then Uncle Ron can spend a couple of grand on knocking down a wall and make it possible for us all to to actually get in AND out of the west stand loo's at half time without missing the Bluebelles !!!
icon10.gif

thank goodness some-one else is in tune with the essential issues -

i do believe in the old days it would have been possibel to construct a wall
and drain in such a way that one could enjoy the Belles while relieving the
fuller bladder ...... all this roof and windows and white paint is bollox

icon10.gif

Good idea,and while their at it,brick up the front of the burger bar,that bloody smell yuk.

i do believe in the old days it would have been possibel to construct a wall and drain in such a way that one could enjoy the Belles while relieving the fuller bladder ...... all this roof and windows and white paint is bollox

Yes but alot of fans would go blind and miss the second half...

Good idea,and while their at it,brick up the front of the burger bar,that bloody smell yuk.

Brilliant! Thought I was the only one! A few games ago, I was in the (usual) queue to get out of the bog, looked behind and there was NOBODY having a pee - we'd(sorry) all finished, but as usual nobody could get in! SOMONE got paid for designing those bogs!

Forget spending precious cash on over paid new players ... we have the answer to our problems right under our noses ! Youth !!!!

In our stiffs tonight we have Dan Harvey --- i've seen this lad several times + on each occasion he looks very accomplished .. can defend and attack , is calm under pressure + actually passes not hoofs it. Now he has had a few months of Spanish football under his belt hopefully more experienced aswell. Having seen Sankofa's nightmare last night + Francis looking so comfortable at centre back .. Harvey deserves a chance !!

Then we have our Congolese International Peggy Lokando . Although rather slightly built this youngster has the first touch of a Prem player. Once he beefs up + adds steel to his game ,, if we can keep him sweet + give him a few games here and there he could be the secret weapon for next season.

Medi Abalimba - anyone who has Man Utd + Liverpool sniffing around him needs to seriously considered to step up to the 1st team set up.

Add these to our squad of promising youngsters Grant , Moussa , Walker , Herd , who are all starting to look absolute class now they are finally given the chance.

Dont forget Francis , Christophe , Laurent , Scannell all still young and learning their trade ... they will only get better + better with time.

so the future is bright !!! + the biggest problem we should be worrying about is if Tilly doesnt give Ricky Duncan's boys a game we could end up losing them which would be a massive shame... especially if we instead go and blow 250k / 500 k on another big salaried player with far less passion for Southend United FC .

I've said it before we aint going up we aint going down so give the kids a chance now!!

Then go long of SUFC points on sporting index in the summer and your season ticket will be more than paid for
icon12.gif

The innocence and simplicity of youth, just so straightforward.

If it were that easy everyone would have done it long ago.

It is that blend of youth & experience and moulding them together in a method and style of play that works, which is slightly more problematical.

But I like you style and the wagering aspect in particular. There will be some very good opportunities ahead, no doubting that and you are right to stress the youth angle, which is already entrenched in our long term plans, with our academy, hostel and "nanny".

Or the people from the stands who think they can do better than the manager and the players!

I would like to see tilly add a surprise youngster to the first team against yeovil, or atleast put some on the bench, at this rate he will probably need to! The lad who went out to Spain scored quite a few goals didn't he? give him a go!

Did that youngster actually sign for Everton in the end? The one that played about 10 seconds against Luton? If so that must be the shortest first team career ever. And if he did go, did we get any money?

Sorry if all this has already been discussed but i was abducted by aliens for a few days a month or so back & I may have missed it..

icon12.gif

Certainly some food for thought there, not that Tilly could or would risk half a team of kids.

That said, we have a lack of attacking options now & Lindie is playing in a Bournemouth reserve game when he could given a chance in Southend. If Tilly doesn't rate him, why give him a contract, only to loan him out to CD Javea & wherever? Just play him or out him. Simple! He may not be a Peter Crouch or Michael Owen in terms of build, he's somewhere inbetween, but he is seriously quick. The amount of strikers who leave here & score goals afterwards is amazing.

Certainly some of the youth players need to be brought through, however look how highly rated Moussa was, and he is still not always showing his potential.

Moussa, Herd, Christophe (he is only 21/22), Walker plus a few on the bench is more than enough, even this season.

We need a couple of experienced heads alongside these youngsters to avoid getting embroiled in a relegation scrap.

Francis??? Francis???

Sorry but he is the worst player we have, and should be the first out of the door.

What ????????????????? He has played two solid games at CB -v- Northampton & Borient. No virtually faultless performances and truly commanding.

What games have you been watching ???

I agree that we should invest in our youth system which looks like it could become very successful but that doesn't mean we should stop buying players.

What ????????????????? He has played two solid games at CB -v- Northampton & Borient. No virtually faultless performances and truly commanding.

not so solid from what Paul Clark was saying last night, generally ok but lacks basic knowledge and nous needed to be a good defender and better teams will make him look like the league 2 player he really is.

Get him out of our club, playing him at CB for remainder of the season will defo see us go down. Liability

spot on. he's been brilliant at CB. he was dire at the start of the season and i called for his head on numerous occasions, but his recent form has picked up and is getting back to the old franno

Back