• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't do it Cam.

mrsblue

Banned
As the migrant crisis gathers pace,Dave Cam and friends want to bomb Assad.

Utter folly to engage in this futile and dangerous game,Putin itching to have a go at the West is best of chums with Assad,offering hardware to help defend him and his people.

Will Putin stand idly by as his mate receives rockets around his ears.

IMO,Assad holds the key to defeating so called IS.

Leave it Cammy.

As the migrant crisis gathers pace,Dave Cam and friends want to bomb Assad.

Utter folly to engage in this futile and dangerous game,Putin itching to have a go at the West is best of chums with Assad,offering hardware to help defend him and his people.

Will Putin stand idly by as his mate receives rockets around his ears.

IMO,Assad holds the key to defeating so called IS.

Leave it Cammy.

Osborne made it quite clear in his interview on the Marr show that this would only happen if there was all party support in the Commons.

If JC is elected Labour leader next Saurday that just won't happen.

Osborne made it quite clear in his interview on the Marr show that this would only happen if there was all party support in the Commons.

I wonder who JC would suggest talking to. I mean, he would be against military intervention so who do we sit down with for a cosy chat to sort out the situation.

I wonder who JC would suggest talking to. I mean, he would be against military intervention so who do we sit down with for a cosy chat to sort out the situation.

I understand Jezza spends a lot of his time chasing those grubby filthy t shirts he constantly wears.

He will have pow wow with whoever is daft enough to listen to him:hilarious:

Even if AB or YC were elected Labour leader next Saturday (extremely unlikely IMO) I doubt that either of them could talk the PLP into voting for a bombing campaign in Syria.

The fact that EM managed to unite the PLP in opposition to the bombing of Syria two years ago, might well turn out to be his most memorable achievement as Labour leader, (that and the OMOV system for the leadership of course).:winking:

Even if AB or YC were elected Labour leader next Saturday (extremely unlikely IMO) I doubt that either of them could talk the PLP into voting for a bombing campaign in Syria.

The fact that EM managed to unite the PLP in opposition to the bombing of Syria two years ago, might well turn out to be his most memorable achievement as Labour leader, (that and the OMOV system for the leadership of course).:winking:

Fascinating, but the question was who do we talk to instead of military intervention?

Does " if there was all party support mean" every MP must support or every leader of the party's, what if say 1 party (say greens) does not support what happens then ?

Does " if there was all party support mean" every MP must support or every leader of the party's, what if say 1 party (say greens) does not support what happens then ?

No. I understood Boy George to mean that unless the Tories thought they could win a majority vote in the Commons, this time around,they wouldn't bother to introduce a new motion."Realpolitik" really.

Fascinating, but the question was who do we talk to instead of military intervention?

You should really be asking Tory supporters what their next step is after bombing Syria doesn't work.

How anyone could expect military intervention, ie boots on the ground, to work in Syria after recent interventions in the region have so massively (and obviously) failed is utterly beyond me.

Still as Einstein famously said,the definition of insanity is to keep trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.:smiles:

So like your new pin up, you don't have a answer. That's all you had to say.

Perhaps you can explain how the bombing of Syria would be an answer (and to what question)? :unsure:

(Btw,JC has a coherent, consistent and an honourable approach to conflict in the Middle East. Unlike two of the other Labour leadership contenders, he didn't vote for that illegal war in Iraq).

The UK should not be bombing any country, if there is a threat etc then let the UN (which we are a member) try to sort it out, if UK is involved (Action is needed) so be it for the UN armed forces to take.

Perhaps you can explain how the bombing of Syria would be an answer (and to what question)? :unsure:

(Btw,JC has a coherent, consistent and an honourable approach to conflict in the Middle East. Unlike two of the other Labour leadership contenders, he didn't vote for that illegal war in Iraq).

I haven't said bombing is the answer. I asked who Corbyn would suggest talking to, you are just going off on one of your tangents again.

In your opinion. In mine he hasn't.

I haven't said bombing is the answer. I asked who Corbyn would suggest talking to, you are just going off on one of your tangents again.

You'll remember that Winston Churchill was in favour of "jaw-jaw rather than war-war." He seemed to have found people to talk to when the occasion demanded.

In your opinion. In mine he hasn't.

Don't think Hamas is really the issue here.

Also, let's stay on track.Mrs Blue was quite right to point out that Cameron and his chums can't wait to bomb Syria as soon as possible.Yesterday's news of the drone attack was proof of that-if any were needed.

Frankly,(as I've said before), I doubt that whoever wins Labour's leadership contest will support another Tory motion for the bombing of Syria.Nor should they.

Last edited:
Cammy orders air strikes on 2 British terrorists blowing them into paradise.

Corbyn and Harman demand answers!

This pair would have probably given them the red carpet treatment followed by a large dose of compensation!

The electorate will not forget that Labour bigwigs appear so out of touch with public opinion.

Cammy orders air strikes on 2 British terrorists blowing them into paradise.

Corbyn and Harman demand answers!

This pair would have probably given them the red carpet treatment followed by a large dose of compensation!

The electorate will not forget that Labour bigwigs appear so out of touch with public opinion.

It's the job of the opposition to hold the government to account, otherwise the government can do what they want. It's worth pointing out that they haven't "demanded answers", they've asked the government to provide explanations as to what led them to their decision. That, to me, seems to be a reasonable request.

It doesn't mean they agree or disagree, it means they don't yet have the evidence to do either.

You should really be asking Tory supporters what their next step is after bombing Syria doesn't work.

How anyone could expect military intervention, ie boots on the ground, to work in Syria after recent interventions in the region have so massively (and obviously) failed is utterly beyond me.

Still as Einstein famously said,the definition of insanity is to keep trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.:smiles:

Like thinking you can win an election with Marxist policies:winking:

Like thinking you can win an election with Marxist policies:winking:

Ha! Have a look at Labour's '83 manifesto sometime.The "commanding heights of the economy " and all that.

Suprising how much of it has become part of mainstream Establishment thinking (only employed by the right when the economy was in turmoil).

Last edited:
Back