• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
My constituency is a close run thing now - we've always been a strong Tory hold - Ann Widdecombe was MP, but the new MP, Helen Grant, keeps putting her foot in it, with expenses, comments about passports, women's sport, a lot of people have lost faith in her.

Anyway, I've now had 2 doorsteps from the Lib Dem candidate. Clearly this is a constituency they think they can win. They came close last time - the local councillor/candidate helped Joanne Lumley win the Gurkha appeal, but this time, I don't know.

The guy who doorstepped me, is a big hitter as well - a former Sunday Times senior journalist, and speechwriter. Jasper Gerrard, who's taken a year unpaid leave to fight for the seat.

UKIP won't get anywhere here, but maybe it could be a close run thing.

Apropos of nothing, I've never had a parlimentrary candidate knock on my door whereever I lived, be it Romford, London or MK.

I'm not important. :sad:

Interesting stuff Naps. Jasper Gerrard is a QPR fan, so next time you see him, have a chat about the LDV Area semi from '04 or that live SKy game in '07 :smile:

Been doorstepped for local elections - our ward is Lib Dem amid a sea of Conservative so there is always a bit of a battle there - but never for GEs, whether it was living in Reading, Shepherd's Bush, Uxbridge or Hemel. Will have to check later, but I doubt I have ever voted in a GE where it was a close run thing.

Apropos of nothing, I've never had a parlimentrary candidate knock on my door whereever I lived, be it Romford, London or MK.

I'm not important. :sad:

I have. It was by a very lovely old man who sings with my wife's opera society. I opened the door to see him wearing a huge (well, relatively so - he's quite small) blue rosette. He opened with the line, "I'm sure we can count on your support". I had great pleasure in informing him otherwise.

He looked so crestfallen that I had to add that maybe my wife may vote tory as her and I have different political views!

I also remember years and years ago when I was a teenager we had a guy from the tory party doorstep us for a local election. My dad invited him in and kept him talking for about an hour only to then inform this guy that my dad was actually the Labour candidate standing against the tory.

Wasted a whole hour of his time!

Last edited:
I have. It was by a very lovely old man who sings with my wife's opera society. I opened the door to see him wearing a huge (well, relatively so - he's quite small) blue rosette. He opened with the line, "I'm sure we can count on your support". I had great pleasure in informing him otherwise.

He looked so crestfallen that I had to add that maybe my wife may vote tory as her and I have different political views!

I also remember years and years ago when I was a teenager we had a guy from the tory party doorstep us for a local election. My dad invited him in and kept him talking for about an hour only to then inform this guy that my dad was actually the Labour candidate standing against the tory.

Wasted a whole hour of his time!

My Dad also used to do these things to Tories (and Jehovah`s Witnesses) :hilarious:

Nope, never in my memory had a Parliamentary deposition of any kind, have had local councillors call many times in the past but not recently.

I used to like knocking out the labour candidates back window screen with a catapult,on his drive round with loud speakers on his car,great days.

More doorstepping yesterday and a personal! Xmas card from the Libdem candidate. Really interesting battle going on now.

Out of interest Napster, will any of it have any effect on how you vote?

Back