• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dorian Dervitte

The days when we had players like Dervite now we have players like Spicer. :'(

Very classy player for us Dervite.Nice too see Leon Cort still doing well,He has certainly carved out a good career for himself.I still remember his treble v Boston all those years ago.

Yep, Charlton have Dervite and Leon Cort as their central defenders.

Whilst they played together, sounds like Dorian played in midfield last night... and Powell mentions that he is a central defender by trade, but he played him in a different role last night.

I was up in Leeds yesterday and went to the game. Dervitte did Ok, but not the immense player he was for us, Leon won everything and dominated Becchio. Hall got splinters sitting on the bench, didn't even get to do any warming up on the touchline. Chrissy Powell got very animated and had to be held back from the ref at half time!
I thought the game there was poor, Leeds in particular couldn't pass to a team mate, the best bit of the game was the 3 minutes of added time which had most of the action and watching and listening to Warnock, who was having to "strongly" advise his players where to stand. Classic was "Diouffy Diouffy, why the F*%# are you there , it's no F*%#ing use, here, here".
I spent most of the game wishing I was at RH, thinking the football would have been better, until I read last nights reports!

Dervite = CLASS ACT

I will add only this, he was so much better than anybody we had in our team and indeed any opposition team it was frankly embarassing. To repeat a class act, and anybody who thinks Moshni was class clearly wasn't watching when this fellow played, a privilege to have watched him.

I will add only this, he was so much better than anybody we had in our team and indeed any opposition team it was frankly embarassing. To repeat a class act, and anybody who thinks Moshni was class clearly wasn't watching when this fellow played, a privilege to have watched him.

+1 - We have been fortunate enough to be blessed with some excellent loan players over the last few seasons - Federici, Mulgrew, Stephen Kelly to name but a few, but Dervite was so utterly composed on the ball and his positional sense was also excellent - never ever caught with his pants down, and, as already eluded to, was embarrassingly miles above our standard at the time.

Went to Cardiff vs Charlton with a Charlton supporting mate last night was pleasantly suprised with Dervite's performance especially after my friend slating his previous performances for them, had Bellamy in his pocket all game and looked very solid at the back to what to me seemed a very average Cardiff side in my opinion, who were generally played off the park by Charlton.

On another note it was also nice to see Gower come on for a 10 minute cameo, got a good cheer from the Charlton lot which I was surprised, amongst the jeers from the Cardiff (Malaysian) Reds of course, had a decent 10 minutes too.

Mohsni, however, was far more entertaining.

Looked a really good player when we had him on loan

Certainly the best centre half I can remember watching. Very similar to Federici in the sense that despite only being here to regain fitness after a long injury lay-off, they were instantly head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.

Back