• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dougie Freedman

Accies1

There's a rumour up in Scotland that we, Hamilton Accies, have signed/ are on the verge of signing Dougie Freedman. A few questions though:

1. He is still conracted wit Southend, right?
  2. Presuming he is, do you think you will be wanting a fee for him? If so, how much?
  3. Do you think he is capable of doing a job in the SPL?

Cheers,

Accies1

Not a hope in hell I'd have thought, his family are settled in Essex and he is under contract for another year. Though I've no doubt some on here would be happy for him to go.

There's a rumour up in Scotland that we, Hamilton Accies, have signed/ are on the verge of signing Dougie Freedman. A few questions though:

1. He is still conracted wit Southend, right?
  2. Presuming he is, do you think you will be wanting a fee for him? If so, how much?
  3. Do you think he is capable of doing a job in the SPL?
Cheers,

Accies1

If he is going to the Accies,make sure the physio has got the treatment table ready,anyway good luck this season.

Dougie is a very fit, goal-scoring machine that plays like a twenty year old. He will score 50 goals for you next season.
That will be £200,000 please, and make the cheque out to "Ken Mcnasty -- completely mad bloke".

Dougie is a very fit, goal-scoring machine that plays like a twenty year old. He will score 50 goals for you next season.
That will be £200,000 please, and make the cheque out to "Ken Mcnasty -- completely mad bloke".

What a bargain.

Judging by the responses on here so far, I doubt there would be a fee involved, if anything a nominal fee.

Strange one. It was said he turned down Leeds last year because he did not want to relocate his family to Yorkshire. Having said that he is a Scot so may wish to return to cold old Jocko land.

He will be with southend this season, he rejected a move to leeds because its up north and hamilton is in scotland.If he did leave i will take nothing less than 2.5 million!!!!

Think this could have legs (unlike Dougie!). Maybe he feels he cannot cut it in a full Lg1 season and despite turning down Leeds, not wants to return home.

We know he isnt really motivated by money after the way he handled himself coming here.

I know some people really like him, but we cannot carry players like Dougie and Barnard that are going to get injured alot, so if by moving Dougie out it frees up wages for a new striker, then I'm all for it.

Actually, havent you just got a load of money from Colchester for your 2 front men? So again, more weight to the story there if so...

Think this could have legs (unlike Dougie!). Maybe he feels he cannot cut it in a full Lg1 season and despite turning down Leeds, not wants to return home.

We know he isnt really motivated by money after the way he handled himself coming here.

I know some people really like him, but we cannot carry players like Dougie and Barnard that are going to get injured alot, so if by moving Dougie out it frees up wages for a new striker, then I'm all for it.

Freeing up wages for a new striker will only encourage us to bring in more crap. Any decent strikers that are better than Freedman wont want to come here or we cant afford their wages, let alone transfer and siging on fee. Any quality strikers that have been released have probably all been snapped up.

Freeing up wages for a new striker will only encourage us to bring in more crap. Any decent strikers that are better than Freedman wont want to come here or we cant afford their wages, let alone transfer and siging on fee. Any quality strikers that have been released have probably all been snapped up.

Doesnt mean there isnt somebody out there than can do a decent job, so thats a crazy sweeping statement.

Very few of us had heard of Freddy Eastwood, or Stan Collymore before we brought them...

Actually, havent you just got a load of money from Colchester for your 2 front men? So again, more weight to the story there if so...

Only one of them went, Joel Thomas, for £125K. It's the deal of the century. Joel Thomas is the one of the worst players I've ever seen in an Accies Jersey. 0 goals in 28 SPL appearances says it all.

We've also recieved £1.2M from Wigan for James McCarthy and £350K from Burnley for Brian Easton but a lot of that money has went to paying off our debts.

Only one of them went, Joel Thomas, for £125K. It's the deal of the century. Joel Thomas is the one of the worst players I've ever seen in an Accies Jersey. 0 goals in 28 SPL appearances says it all.

We've also recieved £1.2M from Wigan for James McCarthy and £350K from Burnley for Brian Easton but a lot of that money has went to paying off our debts.

Yea, see Offiong was due to turn up with Thomas and decided against it :D Nice one....

Forgot about McCarthy - jeez, bit of a ship-out for you guys, no wonder you are in for players on free's with high(er) wages though.

Let us know if you hear any more on the Freedman stuff.

Unlike some of you, I would be really disappointed if we lose Dougie. I think he brings a lot more to the football club than just what he does during matches. He is a good role model and mentor for our younger players. A wise old head to have around - I think he would make a good reserve coach, though have no idea whether he wishes to move into coaching.

If you read numerous interviews with our rising stars, they talk about Dougie staying behind after training to do 1-to-1 work with them.

On the pitch, if he could stay fit, he would be a 20+ goal a season player given the right service. Sadly, I'm not sure his body is up to it though.

Is Joel Thomas the bloke that moved to Col Ewe? Is so that sounds like Lambert has bought another pup along with the dodgy keeper from Carlisle.

Back