• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Downloading Music

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
It's been an absolute age since I downloaded music. Between my parents, partner and I, there is a lot of music going around but I just wondered if anyone is downloading for free still?

I remember some years ago when there was a massive cull of free music sites. They were being taken to court right, left and centre. Is it still possible to download music for free? Are there sites where it is legal?

Cheers.

Still very easy to download music, probably at its easiest. It's easy to find free music that's legal (Spotify, Soundcloud), and also getting hold of music is pretty easy and so I do spend a lot on itunes because i just like buy when i want something.

Yeah Im not sure ripping it from Youtube can be legal.

Youtube get funny if you upload it in the first place due to copyright. Ive even been banned from uploading videos to facebook because I put a song as background music to a holiday snap video.

Music is very easy to get free, I do personally buy the music I really like, which to be honest these days isnt much.

Id rather get a CD generally though as the quality is better than what you can generally download.

Looking for more assistance in the Youtube matter if anyone can provide it?

I have to say I find that strange if that would be considered legal.

just pay for the music, why should people be entitled to it for free? If you don't want to pay for music, listen to the radio or spotify or soundcloud/mixcloud, however, if you want ownership of something for yourself, you should be prepared to offer some form of consideration for it.

Soundcloud got in some ar$eache a while ago about DJ mixes, but then backed down, which is why i set up an account with Mixcloud instead, as long as the tracks are mixed/not played in full they seem fine

It is legal to download music from youtube provided you strip out the video first.

You can do that here: http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

However the quality of the audio file you get does depend on quality of the original source material. So look out for stuff uploaded from CDs and vinyl rather than bootlegged concerts and the like.

Excellent stuff. Just found some obscure hip-hop I can't find elsewhere.

I've taken loads of stuff from YouTube .. totally legal and legit

How can it be?

It is completely illegal to take any music from anything that you have not payed for or have permission from the music artist or publisher to take. Downloading music from the internet without a fee no matter were you get it from is illegal! In the UK and US there is currently a £100 or $200 on the spot fine for breaking this law and you can be prosecuted in a court of law.

I support metal by buying albums and attending gigs etc. Alot of the time I get into bands by free downloads. I have to admit I have downloaded quite a bit of music over the years but don't really do it anymore.

Back