• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drinking on Commuter trains

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Is it acceptable to drink a can of beer on a train if you are wearing smart business clothes?

I have always been impressed with blokes who reach into their briefcase and spark a tinny on the way home and they tend not to get people sitting next to them which is a bonus.

On the trains back to Kent, there is trolley service and it is quite normal for people to sup on a alcoholic beverage from a can or a small wine bottle.

On the trains back to Kent, there is trolley service and it is quite normal for people to sup on a alcoholic beverage from a can or a small wine bottle.

was about to post the same, on the trains up here there is usually a trolley so often people get stuck into some beer/wine/g&t.

(plus everyone up here is an alcoholic)

If I'm going to a Southend evening game, it is highly likely that I'll be in a suit. It's even more likely that I'll have a couple of cans for the journey (usually Guinness). As MC says, it does wonders for getting a two seater to yourself.

If I'm going to a Southend evening game, it is highly likely that I'll be in a suit. It's even more likely that I'll have a couple of cans for the journey (usually Guinness). As MC says, it does wonders for getting a two seater to yourself.

Guinness straight from the tin, that works does it?

Is it acceptable to drink a can of beer on a train if you are wearing smart business clothes?

I have always been impressed with blokes who reach into their briefcase and spark a tinny on the way home and they tend not to get people sitting next to them which is a bonus.

To avoid arousing anyone's suspicions, try secreting the can in a brown paper bag.

Saw someone doing this on my way back from Leeds - to be honest looked a bit desperate.

If necking a few cans does not have the desired effect of getting the carriage to yourself, I recommend vigorous scratching of your nether regions, while making guttural noises of clearing phlegm from your throat preparatory to expectorating. Job done.

sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do, and that can involve making up for very limited time at the pub. being a drunk idiot on the train is a different matter, but plenty of those aren't actually drinking at the time..

It seems acceptable to drink on train if it has a buffet car or trolley service bbut to take four cans of Stella from your briefcase and neck them between Fenchurch Street and Benfleet, as I've seen, smacks as desperate.

Eating on trains is far more annoying.. Having to hear someone shove crisps in their face cos they cant wait 40 minutes can be a tad vexing..

If necking a few cans does not have the desired effect of getting the carriage to yourself, I recommend vigorous scratching of your nether regions, while making guttural noises of clearing phlegm from your throat preparatory to expectorating. Job done.

If you want to keep the seat next to you free so you can rest your 6/8 cans on, look straight at the approaching passenger before they sit down, give them a wink and then pat the seat. It works almost every time.

A word of warning though, if the passenger in question is a gay, you will most likely get bummed.

Kind Regards

Nothing wrong with a couple of cans on the train, as long as behaviour is kept acceptable.

This, I recall, was regrettably not the case when winning promotion at Swansea in 2006 and the quiet zone on the train from Swansea to London was transformed into a party on wheels with people chair surfing and climbing into the overhead compartments. To be fair the passengers who didn't leave immediately took it in good humour and a few even joined in the merriment.

Farting gets you the whole damn carriage.

Back