• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drinking while watching

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Following on from the safe standing thread just wondering opinions on being able to watch football live while drinking like they can in rugby or cricket - surely this would have much added revenue benefit during games for clubs!!! I could see myself and me pals going through 2 maybe 3 pints during a game.

It would be nice to think that we could have a beer or two whilst watching the game.....................unfortunately, football's a game that attracts the "knob" more than other sports.....and thus becomes a non-starter..

It would be nice to think that we could have a beer or two whilst watching the game.....................unfortunately, football's a game that attracts the "knob" more than other sports.....and thus becomes a non-starter..

Sorry Harry i disagree,im a knob and people drink around me at Berri games and there is never any problems.

If it were just 2 or 3 pints during a match I doubt that would be much of a problem. However, the 3 or 4 prior to the match in addition to 2 or 3 during might be.

I also think it would be a great idea, but unfortunately it won't happen.

I saw Hertha Berlin play last season and drinking during matches is not a problem there with plastic jugs etc with pictures
of the favourite home player's on them which would be great in the UK but I can not see that happening.

But I don't think it's going to cause any problems most grounds you can just go in the stand and drink anyway during games? So why does it make a difference if it's while watching the game?!?

Drink is too intrinsically linked with violence in most British peoples minds (fuelled by the press) so won't happen any time soon.

I saw Hertha Berlin play last season and drinking during matches is not a problem there with plastic jugs etc with pictures
of the favourite home player's on them which would be great in the UK but I can not see that happening.

Germans can handle their drink, though, and don't turn into lairy, chair-throwing yobs after 4 Stellas. I like a drink but don't think it should be introduced at football matches. We can't be trusted...

Germans can handle their drink, though, and don't turn into lairy, chair-throwing yobs after 4 Stellas. I like a drink but don't think it should be introduced at football matches. We can't be trusted...

Sorry but you are talking ****ing total crap mate drink is drink the effect is the same on a Frenchman a German a sweed or a bloody Andorran

Whilst it would be nice to have a beer and watch the game, the trouble it would generate just wouldn't be worth it IMO

Agreed but people go to the pub before the game so I don't see any harm!!!

I understand that Scott, but you could easily drink another 2 or 3 pints per half. That's between 4 and 6 more pints by the end of the game and then the bravado is there for it all to kick off.

Agree with Scott
Any lads with common sense wouldn't drink too much if they want to have a scrap, and you can get wrecked before the match if you really want to.

Back