• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Driving Offences Advice

I can confirm this, I had 9 'active' points for two years so had to be very careful which was pretty tough when you drove a car that did 0-60 in 4.8 seconds!

Why is that tough, the speed limit is 70 on a dual carriageway marked national speed limit and we are talking about jumping red lights anyway, not accelerating..stop bigging yourself and your motor up ;)

Why is that tough, the speed limit is 70 on a dual carriageway marked national speed limit and we are talking about jumping red lights anyway, not accelerating..stop bigging yourself and your motor up ;)
If I had something to big up I would! :'(

A colleague of mine was caught jumping a red light last year and everything was done through the post. Her first letter was asking for confirmation if she was the driver. When this was confirmed she was then sent a fixed notice + 3 points on her licence.
I was a bit more lucky than her when I got pulled over, as it was an actually police car that stopped me when I was speeding. Fortuntely I was in uniform and on my way to work so got a telling off and sent on my way.
Think there is little you can do other than own up as these days authorities do not deal with people any more but rather machines

Yep - I tried to beat a red and failed - £60 and 3 points - more than Derby!

Own up - take the punishment. It's not the end of the world, after all.

Yep - I tried to beat a red and failed - £60 and 3 points - more than Derby!

Own up - take the punishment. It's not the end of the world, after all.

Yes I see your point, I only asked as I dont feel there was a lot I could do about it. Some moran was pulled up (harzards going) 10 feet from the lights, so going round him, watching what I was doing with respect to the other line, I did not see the light go red. ****, as they say, happens, aslong as its 3 points I am offered then that should be ok, will take me to 6 "active"

Yes I see your point, I only asked as I dont feel there was a lot I could do about it. Some moran was pulled up (harzards going) 10 feet from the lights, so going round him, watching what I was doing with respect to the other line, I did not see the light go red. ****, as they say, happens, aslong as its 3 points I am offered then that should be ok, will take me to 6 "active"

Dont worry mate there were times when i was a field sales rep when i was on the 9 active mark. That certianly focuses your driving

Back