• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Driving to Cardiff

Upminster Blue

Manager
Does anyone have any idea how busy the M4 will be on a Bank Holiday Saturday? What time are others going by car leaving?

My initial reaction was to leave Upminster at 9:30 (equivalent to 9 from Southend) with the aim of parking up (in Cathedral Road) by 1. Does this sound reasonable, with a 10 minute pit stop on route?

Thanks in advance.

Think we will leave about 10 - 10:30ish stopping on route for toilet, food and drinks.

Remember about the speed cameras on the M4 in Wiltshire between junctions 14-18 - this is bound to slow traffic down.
Last time we left Rayleigh at 7.15 and was in Cardiff at 9.55 - alas not this time.

I would suggest leaving earlier than 10.30. The AA reckons Roots Hall to Mil Stad takes 3 hrs 35 and that is (I would assume) not taking into account that it's a match day and a bank holiday weekend !!

Leaving at 10.30 would be pushing it to say the least !!

It took me just over 3 hrs last time and that was on a sunday so i expect to add another 30-60mins on this time , i'll be leaving around 9ish.

Anyone else having to drive from the E.Midlands? Can't wait to see all those Imps fans giving me the one-fingered salute when they see my Southend scarf in the back window. I'll be able to do it on the drive home after we hammer them!

Last time took just under 3 hours going up on the Saturday morning/noon and coming back on the Monday took just over 2 and a half ...

Last time it took me 5.34 seconds. But then , i was in my TARDIS.
cool.gif

Hopefully I'll be staying at my lady's place in Tring Friday evening and that's an hour's drive on the way. Even so I'll be leaving Tring at 8 a.m.latest. Then again she might boot me out at 11 p.m. so I'll get to Cardiff about 3 a.m. !
wow.gif

Plenty of time, then.
smile.gif

This time it's going to take 0.1 of a second to turn that Sky controller on to Sky Sports 2 for most people.

I'm staying at the in-laws in Portishead, get on thr train from Bristol parkway to cardiff and back. Then we won't have to wait 2 sodding hours to get out of Cardiff and can be supping RCH pitchfork in the pub by 6:30
biggrin.gif

Back