• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dru Yearwood

I still miss this legendary lad. Luckily we don't have to miss his parents, who still often turn up to games, lovely people.

Don't we have it on good authority that all parents hate coming to Roots Hall?

Don't we have it on good authority that all parents hate coming to Roots Hall?

Not blaming you mfurok but this is typical nonsense spread on shrimperzone. His dad still comes to Roots Hall on occasions for a day out to watch football. I've chatted to him on lots of occasions and I confirm that's not the case above.

I’ve never understood why people wear another teams shirt at games.
Welcome to America. I think most of them get invited to game so they think "I'll wear a soccer jersey" and think wearing a random club/country will be fine.

They also don't segregate fans, so walking around the stadium you'll see the opposition fans (not many as the distance is so much bigger), which is very weird compared to anywhere in Europe.

Not blaming you mfurok but this is typical nonsense spread on shrimperzone. His dad still comes to Roots Hall on occasions for a day out to watch football. I've chatted to him on lots of occasions and I confirm that's not the case above.
Thanks Westy.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek.

I had the same seat in the South Upper for 17 years and there was an older gentlemen quite near me who'd been there for as long as me but wore a spurs jacket at every game. Seemed like a genuine fan as well, just always confused me.

Lionel Messi narrowly missed sharing a pitch with the great man as Messi was only a sub and Yearwood had gone off by the time the Argentine had come on.

Just think how if his career had gone better Dru might have just missed playing on the same pitch as Eastleigh’s Enzo Boldewijn instead. How he must lie awake and regret his life choices.

Back