• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
I took exception last night (tender soul that I am) to Glenn Speller on BBC Essex calling Karl Duguid "Captain Fantastic" on his report at full-time on the Colcheater v. Hole match.

I have emailed him to state that in the circumstances following the match on Saturday he should have chosen his words far more carefully, especially as he is the Editor of BBC Essex Sport and not the Colcheater reporter. I feel this will alienate him from the Southend United listeners, and that he should consider an apology to Southend fans on air on Saturday. I have always found that he leans to Colcheater, and is not particularly impartial. After all, he alongside Neil Kelly, provided the Colcheater commentary on Saturday's game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Nov. 29 2006,09:44)]I took exception last night (tender soul that I am) to Glenn Speller on BBC Essex calling Karl Duguid "Captain Fantastic" on his report at full-time on the Colcheater v. Hole match.

I have emailed him to state that in the circumstances following the match on Saturday he should have chosen his words far more carefully, especially as he is the Editor of BBC Essex Sport and not the Colcheater reporter. I feel this will alienate him from the Southend United listeners, and that he should consider an apology to Southend fans on air on Saturday. I have always found that he leans to Colcheater, and is not particularly impartial. After all, he alongside Neil Kelly, provided the Colcheater commentary on Saturday's game.
He is a Col******r fan.

Glenn Speller has replied to me to say he said "the fans call him Captain Fantastic".

I suggested in a further reply that he might want to listen to the tapes, because I do not think he did say that - he himself called him "Captain Fantastic". Even if he did say that, I still feel this is a comment designed to inflame Southend fans.

He further went on that the FA decreed that the officils decision should stand, implying that Maher did deserve the red card. In my reply, I stated that what could you expect from the FA! And that everyone knows that Duguid feigned contact to get Maher sent-off, and even Neil Kelly believes so. Glenn Speller further replied - that is your opinion!

Definitely a Colcheater apologist methinks!

To be fair, I think they both (speller and kelly) know what a cheating tw&t he is.

But just remember they have a job and I bet they would like to keep it.

Kelly went about as far as he could in his interview with d****d on Saturday without overstepping the line and basically calling him a cheat, hats off to him I say!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (maldonblue @ Nov. 29 2006,15:59)]To be fair, I think they both (speller and kelly) know what a cheating tw&t he is.

But just remember they have a job and I bet they would like to keep it.

Kelly went about as far as he could in his interview with d****d on Saturday without overstepping the line and basically calling him a cheat, hats off to him I say!
Absolutely! Hats off to Kelly, for all his hyperbole at least he can see it as it is. I also remember him basically telling Parkinson he didn't know what he was on about when PIG was saying that Col Ewe were a better team than Southend last season.

Glen Speller just went down in my estimation big time. He knows exactly what happened and all he has to do is listen to Duguid's interview to confirm any suspicions - stupidly or not he admits there and then that there was no contact beyond a run of the mill face off and certainly no headbutt or flailing arm!!

This is all incredible to me...if it was the other way round and Maher had done it we'd most probably be calling for him to be sacked as captain!! I'd be gutted if Kev ever did anything like that as the captain and representative of my team. To call that cheat Duguid "fantastic" after Saturday is a disgrace and makes Speller nothing more than an apologist for that idiot's despicable actions.
mad.gif
mad.gif

If Speller called Duguid "Captain Fantastic" last night just because thats what Col******r's fans call him, surely its only fair that on saturday he calls him what we now call him....

Just wanted to say - I'm from Bournemouth but I live near Col******r so I went and watched the Cherries at Layer Road a couple of times recently. In the first match, Duguid feigned a slap from Warren Feeney and got Feeney sent off, and in the second he over-reacted badly to a pretty innocuous tackle from our left back and got him sent off as well. The man could give Cristiano Ronaldo lessons and even his own team mates know it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cherriesfan @ Dec. 03 2006,19:34)]Just wanted to say - I'm from Bournemouth but I live near Col******r so I went and watched the Cherries at Layer Road a couple of times recently. In the first match, Duguid feigned a slap from Warren Feeney and got Feeney sent off, and in the second he over-reacted badly to a pretty innocuous tackle from our left back and got him sent off as well. The man could give Cristiano Ronaldo lessons and even his own team mates know it.
Thanks for that, cherriesfan. I hope that the col u fans who lurk on this board, and who seemed very indignant at the accusation that Duguid was a serial cheat have the guts to come on here and apologise. But they won't, they would rather turn a blind eye.

Nice to see a fan from yet another club register on here, hope you hang around and join in. And I expect we will see you in the League next year.

oops.gif
down.gif

Back