• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Earnshaw hits 2 in a minute...

SUBBlue

Manager
1 nil up...

Great stuff I thought,
Just checked Skysports & we're 2-1 down Earnshaw with 2 goals in as many minutes.

mad.gif

Btw, The kung fu kid, Uriah Rennie, is ref, quite high profile for us.

3-1 Etuhu...

Oh dear... sounds like we are all over the show.

Norwich have that extra quality though, but sounds like we are doing the basics wrong.

Maher just had shot tipped over bar as I type...

....bad feeling about this....something is wrong with us, can't do the basics, Fred (despite the goal) is not 100%....defence is awful, Gutts is awful.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Sep. 12 2006,21:13)]HAAAAAMEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

3-2 Free-Kick!

Playing better after triple change (Ginge, Hunt and Hoops on)
Who did we take off?

Tremendous effort from the boys now... all over Norwich with loads of chances.

No matter the result now, it will be good for the boys to know they can play like this and push teams back!

COME ONNNNNN!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Sep. 12 2006,21:15)]
[b said:

3-2 Free-Kick!

Who did we take off?
Answering my own question.

Hooper for JCR,

Harrold for Painter

Hunt for Gutts

What odds on Harrold getting a late brace.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Sep. 12 2006,21:15)]
[b said:

3-2 Free-Kick!

Who did we take off?
Paynter, Gutts and JCR - all ineffective from the sound of it.

Be good to start mixing the team up now as Harrold and Hooper in particular have changed the game.

f%&kING GET IN!!!!

3-3 - Gower

DESERVE THAT!!!!!!!!!

Well done lads
biggrin.gif

Absolutely F*CKING  BRILLIIIANNT,

Come on Fred time for one more......

Top draw boys, never say die..

..and THAT is why we will not go down, our team spirit is superb.

Credit to Tilly too who sometimes gets a hard time for his subs (or lack of) - but the treble change tonight was bold and he got his reward.

Bloody brilliant listening to Bluesworld still at nearly 10 as they still have the mics on.

The Norwich players are rowing with their local radio as it sounds like the radio are slagging Worthington off!!!

All the Norwich party in the commentary box are going spare disecting this result. They are saying it was a brilliant game and what would they prefer, Norwich to be 'boring' and win or 'entertain' and draw.

Anyway, sounds like Worthy is getting it in the neck and Tilly is getting loads of pats on the backs in the box.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

First half - never seen so many misplaced passes and hit n hope balls as I did there tonight. We just didn't seem to be at the races and as has been said many times before, you make silly mistakes and at this level you get punished. And that's exactly what happened.

Second half was very much like the first until the substitutions and then.............WOAHHH, it was like watching a completely different team. Harrolds first touch and he wins a header (something Paynter failed to do the whole time he was on the pitch) and from the subsequent play we win the free kick which Hammell smacks away with aplomb.

The difference in the team is absolutely amazing. Freddy looked sharper after the changes were made. Lewis's passing was far more accurate that Gutts (who had a complete mare btw) and Hooper gave their back four something completely different to worry about being the third striker.

All in all a brilliant comeback but also very worrying in the way in which we played the first half.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Sep. 12 2006,23:28)]The difference in the team is absolutely amazing. Freddy looked sharper after the changes were made. Lewis's passing was far more accurate that Gutts (who had a complete mare btw) and Hooper gave their back four something completely different to worry about being the third striker.
So ... all those who were slating wiggy just a few days ago should show some balls and admit that the old girl was pretty spot on with her analysis. Or will the usual suspects hide behind expletives as usual?

I'm pleased to say I wasn't one of those and kept me gob well n truly shut
biggrin.gif
Gutts did have a complete nightmare tonight and anyone that says different is talking out of their rectum.

Basically, first half we gave the ball away far to often and again lacked that cutting edge in the final third. JCR did make some good runs but as has been the case on occasions before the end product wasn't quite there.

For me the difference was Harrold. He won virtually every ball he went up for and played far more forward than Paynter had before him.

Back