• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood's lack of effort.

Blue Shrimp

I was so fed up yesterday with Eastwood's effect for the team that I decided to concentrate on just him for 5 minutes. He seemed not really interested and hardly made much effort to run or win the ball. When he did receive it he lost it very fast or his pass was poor.

It appears that he has fallen for the hype. He thinks he is better than he is. Has he got the Ricketts decease?

When I look back to his 1st game for us against Swansea, he almost ran his balls off. That was a desire to succeed.

However, on his present showing I do not think we will receive a worthwhile bid. If not, it will be interesting to see his reaction.

surely if he was playing for the scouts he'd have a blinder and work his socks off (to coin the phrase). If people are right that the effort is not there my guess is the deal is done.

Thinking about it again. Could it be Eastwood is fed up as Ron Martin has confirmed to him that he is not for sale. Ron has said this a number of times, with many people taking these views with a pinch of salt.

If this is true and our forward is fustrated by the block on his advancement it might explain his very different attitude in his play now.

I know Steve Tilson has said that he would not stand in his way of bettering himself. However, Ron Martin has control after all.

Remember, when West Ham let him go he gave up football. He might be a person who is subject to deep mood swings and acts accordingly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blue Shrimp @ Dec. 24 2006,08:03)]Has he got the Ricketts decease?
No, I am fairly certain he isn't dead - yet.
tounge.gif

Eastwood was sh!t yesterday. Absolutely hopeless and I can't believe any club with scouts there would go near him.

I still don't think that there's a problem with his effort though. He looked, to me, like someone who had played 120 fruitless minutes on wednesday, who isn't playing at the top of his form right now and who's team were getting destroyed.

I understand Freddy had a bad cold and was feeling under the weather. I think that's why he came off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (royfox @ Dec. 24 2006,10:56)]I understand Freddy had a bad cold and was feeling under the weather. I think that's why he came off.
But conspiracy theorys are so much more fun than a simple cold, royfox!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (royfox @ Dec. 24 2006,09:56)]I understand Freddy had a bad cold and was feeling under the weather. I think that's why he came off.
Aaaarrrr, the old "he's had a heavy cold", "he's recovering from a virus", "he's had breathing difficulties" reason.

Its amazing how many illnesses he has had this season.
rock.gif

Didn't try 0ne bit yesterday, even Harrold was more effective than him!! And sometime tell freddy not to take freekicks. He takes one against man u and thinks he's the bollocks at them now. Before man u, he took one every 10 freekicks, now he's on them all the time!

Maybe its best just to get the money for him and get somebody in who wants to play for the club! But who will want to come and play in a relegation fight?
down.gif

is there any need to even start this thread on eastwood. he couldnt give a toss about southend, he already thinks he got a contract and playing like he has done won't get him one. played crap against spurs and even worse gainst brumme. he can't cut it. makes no runs nothing, what prem club is going to want that. he hasn't cut it in the championship so why would a prem club want him.

tilly sell him for 2-3 mill and get some actual decent players in! not crap ones

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mattytheshrimper @ Dec. 24 2006,16:27)]is there any need to even start this thread on eastwood. he couldnt give a toss about southend, he already thinks he got a contract and playing like he has done won't get him one. played crap against spurs and even worse gainst brumme. he can't cut it. makes no runs nothing, what prem club is going to want that. he hasn't cut it in the championship so why would a prem club want him.

tilly sell him for 2-3 mill and get some actual decent players in! not crap ones
You talk so much crap, its incredible. Jesus.

i'm really sorry beefy i wasnt told i coudnt put my opinion across, no one told me. sorry mate.

if you saw eastwood play really well yesterday then fare enough!

I already said that Eastwood was crap yesterday. Guess what, so was everyone. Sodje was far worse than Eastwood was and no-one would question his commitment (and quite rightly). We didn't lose 4-0 because of Freddy Eastwood and turning him into a scapegoat (OMG he doesn't give a toss!!!!1111
mad.gif
) doesn't achieve anything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]mattytheshrimper Posted on Dec. 24 2006,16:27
he couldnt give a toss about southend, he already thinks he got a contract and playing like he has done won't get him one. played crap against spurs and even worse gainst brumme. he can't cut it. makes no runs nothing, what prem club is going to want that. he hasn't cut it in the championship so why would a prem club want him.

Football is all about opinions and mine says you don't know what you're talking about...!

Back