• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WESTY_SUFC

We seem to be doing well without him very recently (last 2 game) especially now the tactic has changed to 4-5-1 and the midfield are coming to form but does anyone know how long Freddy will be out for? Seems to have gone very quiet on this. Other than Barry Corr its a slight worry that we lack other quality options in attack.

I have a feeling that I've heard potentially for the York game.....I think Fred's injuries take a bit longer to heal now because he's no spring chicken, and as we know from other players once they've hit their 30s, time is sometimes the biggest healer.

I have a feeling that I've heard potentially for the York game.....I think Fred's injuries take a bit longer to heal now because he's no spring chicken, and as we know from other players once they've hit their 30s, time is sometimes the biggest healer.

But Freddy's only 27 (though I know what you mean).

It was originally stated as a 3 week injury.

However, I don't see how he can actually fit in the system we are now playing anyway.

Freddie can rest as much as he likes, we don't need him, well not at the moment and other players are ahead of him anyway IMHO:thumbsup:

Freddie can rest as much as he likes, we don't need him, well not at the moment and other players are ahead of him anyway IMHO:thumbsup:

Hmmmm. Would love to see him "resting on the bench" - by that I mean him being a named sub but not being needed on the pitch as we are winning each game ....... we can all dream.

When it comes to turning a game around, I can't think of a better player to have available to call upon since the days of Bilel. The memory of the winning goal at Burton still burns brightly.

I hope he is back on the bench soon.

Brown said Eastwood is close to returning to training, and to be honest I don't get all this "he's not needed now" anyway - Freddy's a quality player and when he's fit we're a better side with him in it. Look at the Dagenham game for example, we only started to play after his arrival. He's done well this season when he's played and IMHO the left-side of a forward 3 would suit him well. It's Straker's position to lose for now but having Eastwood back on the bench asap would be a huge boost.

Still our top scorer. Sooner he is available the better.

Not sure how he fits in to the existing system though.

He seems to be fit enough to drive in the BacktoYourRoots video.:winking:

Replaces corr fairly easily IMO, we dont exactly hoof it up to the big man do we. Freddy will link that play up even better and be more of a goal threat from outside/around the box as well as a better footballing brain to feed the other attacking players.

Back