• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

eastwood on the bench ?

bas blue

Coach
cant see the point of appealing against fredys red card on saturday allowing him to play and then leaving him on the bench ? the f a never overturn red cards. perhaps tilly has got michael jacksons brief in to argue the point for him. i would have thought it better to leave fredy out and have him missing for only two league games as opposed to three

so in effect you turn it into a four match ban
rock.gif
???
rock.gif

Unless the process is going to take a couple of weeks, it makes no sense at all.

It didnt make any sense

So instead of him missing tonight, scunthorpe and Col******r

he misses scunthorpe, Col******r and Oldham after doing nowt tonight

(appeal withstanding of course)

I don;t understand it I really don't. What the hell was the point? Tilson has already admitted he deserved to go, so I can't see the FA rescinding the card, especially in the light of the Mark Bentley card - they didn'r rescind that and that was an obviously unintentional incident.

Now we're missing Freddy for three league games, I just pray that Goater and Gray click or we're up sh*t creek!

I actually thought he did ok after he came on. Looked like Tilly had said something along the lines of "you have something to prove in this game"

I am as baffled as anyone with regard to the appeal, unless the club have heard something that we obviously know nothing about right now.

I understand about getting The Goat up to match fitness, if that was the case I would rather we started as we finished with Gray wide right, and Bentley central, we had much more urgency about us then.

Tilly is a legend and he has been a revelation with the club, but he got this wrong. Having appealed Freddy should have started. He does not have a hope of being cleared when his own manager keeps reiterating that Freddy has done wrong and he knows he can't raise his hands. You didn't see Michael Jackson's lawyer telling the media that Michael knows he's done wrong and he's very disappointed in his own behaviour with the children and then pleading not guilty of anything! The whole affair baffles me.

For all that Tilson's done over the last 20 months or so, he has to be allowed some leverage with mistakes, but this whole affair seems like he's lost the plot a bit.

Why appeal & then not play him? It would make far more sense for Eastwood to miss last night (face it, there's been more competitive pre-season games) & then Scunny & Col U rather than the extra league game v Oldham.

Maybe, Southend is in the midst of declaring itself as a principality & we can put our appeals through our own F.A. along the lines of Swansea City & Trundle?
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

I think the appeal was to give Goater some extra time to become match fit, although a mate of mine had an interesting take on why Eastwood started on the bench. He thinks that Tilson doesn't particulary want Eastwood to be televised live, alerting other clubs to him...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 23 2005,09:20)]I think the appeal was to give Goater some extra time to become match fit, although a mate of mine had an interesting take on why Eastwood started on the bench. He thinks that Tilson doesn't particulary want Eastwood to be televised live, alerting other clubs to him...
Someone else mentioned this, but not sure Tilly wants to advertise one of his three strikers in the club. Not loving Freddy being sold on transfer deadline day.

Did Eastwood play ? I remember being at the game last night but I can't remember him coming on
rock.gif

Oh yes I remember now ! He came on, did f*** all and his attitude was nothing short of appalling !

Now I don't mind the fact he wasn't particularly effective as you can sometimes put that down to an 'off-day' but in all honesty he really didn't even try last night.

If I was Tilly I would be fairly upset with the way Eastwood reacted to being on the bench - he clearly doesn't like it and as a result behaves like a spoilt kid who hasn't got his way !

If everybody last night put in as much effort as the likes of Barrett and Gray then we may have put on a better show. Unfortunately commitment was sadly lacking
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Martin @ Aug. 23 2005,09:29)]Oh yes I remember now ! He came on, did f*** all and his attitude was nothing short of appalling !

Now I don't mind the fact he wasn't particularly effective as you can sometimes put that down to an 'off-day' but in all honesty he really didn't even try last night.
Unreal.

I was sat in the U South last night and thinking people don't know a thing about football, clearly never played at a decent standard or understood football, I expected them to be from E. London from SZers.

Freddy last night didn't lose the ball and in truth looked the only player likely to cut the defence. A couple of guys who'd never been to watch Southend from work came along, as said with Barrett how impressed they were with him.

Running about like a headless chicken isn't Fred's style, he is better than that.

Whatever next, Tilson Out?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Martin @ Aug. 23 2005,09:29)]Did Eastwood play ? I remember being at the game last night but I can't remember him coming on
rock.gif

Oh yes I remember now ! He came on, did f*** all and his attitude was nothing short of appalling !

If I was Tilly I would be fairly upset with the way Eastwood reacted to being on the bench - he clearly doesn't like it and as a result behaves like a spoilt kid who hasn't got his way !

If everybody last night put in as much effort as the likes of Barrett and Gray then we may have put on a better show. Unfortunately commitment was sadly lacking  
sad.gif
What game were you watching mate.

I think your vision must be affected as you are talking out your backside while watching fromthe same vantage point.

Freddy looked a class apart when he came on. Might not have scored or even come close, but certainly didn't show a bad attitude.

Ok, maybe I didn't make the point clear.

What I was actually trying to say was that despite the fact he did hold the ball up a few times etc etc, he was lacking any real cutting edge or desire which I can only put down to the fact he couldn't be particularly bothered !

I am NOT saying that overnight he has become a bad player or that he was the worst last night however he didn't react well coming on from the bench, i.e. wasn't at his best.

In reponse to the comment about him not running around like a headless chicken 'because he is better than that'. Well some of the world's top players run around like headless chickens and cause a lot of problems from doing so, sometimes when you are chasing a game you actually need to chase down defenders to force mistakes - especially in lower leagues, therefore Fredy could bare that in mind !

Freddie is a different style of player to the too similar partnership of Gray and Goater, he played well last night. We do need another optionn though

Back