• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood sending off

Why did he get sent off again? Didn't see him raise his hands, a few pushes but thats it. The hudds player actually kicked out at Freddy on the floor and no booking. Last season Sall for kiddie got sent off for kicking out at Dudfield!! Where is the consistancy??

Thoughts??

What do you mean you didn't see him raise his hands? He pushed the guy twice. Thats raising his hands.

Clear red card. Absolutely no complaints.

surely its where you push him or is anything higher than waist level a sending off. Also why was there nothing done about the hudds player?

The Huddersfield player didn't push Freddy. He mouthed off at him and gave him a sneaky kick after the initial comng ogether, but he didn't push him.

The frustrating thing about the whole incident was how soft it all was. He might as well have chinned him - he'd end up getting the same ban. As it is we lose him for 3 1/2 games for a girly shove.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 21 2005,23:49)]surely its where you push him or is anything higher than waist level a sending off. Also why was there nothing done about the hudds player?
FFS ! Just raising your hands is enough. I wish more people would read up on the rules of this great game of ours.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 22 2005,01:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Aug. 21 2005,23:49)]surely its where you push him or is anything higher than waist level a sending off. Also why was there nothing done about the hudds player?
FFS ! Just raising your hands is enough. I wish more people would read up on the rules of this great game of ours.  
mad.gif
Agreed that they are the rules and Freddy gave the ref a decision to make. What's frustrating is that we see it happen in so many games and the player isn't sent off.

From what people are posting on here, very few EXPECTED him to be sent off for what he did (for the above reason). I myself was surprised as I expected a yellow at worst. However, at the end of the day it was Freddy's fault - and Freddy's alone - for giving the ref the opportunity.

he was sent off for violent conduct. would you say pushing someone on the shoulder is violent. my opinion is NO. as far as i knew you couldnt touch someones fave or head.

you see players pushing each other all the time in matches, even Premier$hite matches and the ones on match of the day, do they get sent off for pushing, no they dont. do the pundits moan about how the player should have been sent off in the post match anaylisis, no.

at the end of the day i no rules may be rules but it was just a push below the head, i think a yellow card at worst

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 22 2005,01:15)]
[b said:
mad.gif
Wish more people would understand that they aren't rules but laws of the game.

do you know if he starts his suspension tonight. i think its an instant 3 game ban

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yoda @ Aug. 22 2005,07:52)]Agreed that they are the rules and Freddy gave the ref a decision to make. What's frustrating is that we see it happen in so many games and the player isn't sent off.

From what people are posting on here, very few EXPECTED him to be sent off for what he did (for the above reason). I myself was surprised as I expected a yellow at worst. However, at the end of the day it was Freddy's fault - and Freddy's alone - for giving the ref the opportunity.
Totally agree. It is the laws of the game and the ref had no choice but it is extremely frustrating when you see similar incidents go unpunished week in week out!!

At the end of the day, Freddy has dug his own grave by even doing it and he could now face longer than 3 games out of the side if the Goat and Wayne kick it off!!!

Having seen the whole incident again on telly, I've been able to fill in the gap between the initial tackle where everyone in front stood up and the action that lead to his sending off.

I think the problem was that the incident was so far away from all the other players. By the time Maher dragged him away, he'd had time to push the guy twice.

As for the Huddersfield guy, I have to say, he hardly did anything when you look at it on TV. Even if he did catch Eastwood, I sincerely doubt it was that cynical or vicious considering that Eastwood pretty much ran over him, again, without any serious intent. The stick that guy got in the end was pretty harsh.

Seeing it from where the ref was, it pretty much looked as though Eastwood had lost it and in a way, I'm not at all surprised. I'm disappointed because I'm a firm advocate of common sense refereeing and keeping 11 v 11 on the pitch rather than reach for the cards at any breach of a law, rule or statute of the game.

Still, as I said elsewhere, I think this might help Eastwood's development and it certainly has come at a time when he's off-form so maybe it's not all bad. Obviously I don't want a player suspended btu I reckon he may come back and play a bit better afterwards.

It has to be said that Freddy was a mug, as stated previously you raise your hands and off you go - fair enough if this is a consistent policy by all referee's.

Now the question of violent conduct, I cannot condone Freddy but his push in the guy's chest was certainly not life or injury threatening. There were worse tackles in the game on Saturday alone, and if you judge Ashley Coles "tackle" on Michael Essien which only earned him a yellow card, then there is a problem in our game in the consistency that the laws are applied.

As supporters we do not want to see games that are reduced to 9 or 10 a side. The refs must be allowed to use common sense in their interpretation of the laws, not the current black or white.

I think it showed a distinct lack of common sense on behalf of the referee. The laws of the game say that raising your hands to another player is a red card offence, so technically the ref was correct. What annoys me is that Rooney, Keane, Savage etc push players like that week in week out. They are unlucky to get a yellow and are shocked when they do. If a Premier$hite player got sent off in that way, the pundits would be saying that the player was unlucky and the ref was too hasty with the card. Inconsistency between the leagues is obvious to see. I was gobsmacked when the red card came out. I honestly thought the ref would have slapped his wrist and given him a yellow. It was a shame because it spoilt a well balanced game. I also agree that it may cost Freddy more than 3 games out if the Goat and Wayne put in some good performances. I have a feeling that experience will see the Goat making more intelligent runs into the box when Gray gets beyond the full back, something Freddy is still learning.

Whatever you think, it is disappointing to see Tilson so unsupportive of Freddy given the stick he has taken and he has never flared up before. Do you think Peter Jackson would be the same?
Shame to see some of you following Tilson's lead in laying into him. I think this was reflected on Saturday in that I expected the crowd to get right behind the team like against Boston last year but it never really happened against a very annoying Huddersfield team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 22 2005,09:28)]Whatever you think, it is disappointing to see Tilson so unsupportive of Freddy given the stick he has taken and he has never flared up before. Do you think Peter Jackson would be the same?
Shame to see some of you following Tilson's lead in laying into him. I think this was reflected on Saturday in that I expected the crowd to get right behind the team like against Boston last year but it never really happened against a very annoying Huddersfield team.
It actually makes a change for a manager to be so honest in his appraisal of a situation rather than the mealy mouthed i did not see the incident that normally comes out. So well done Tilly for that, Freddy was stupid in his actions and on top of his ban should also be fined.

I am all for managers supporting players and backing them but within the laws of the game what Freddy did was indefensible, and i am surprised that people are bad mouthing Tilly for an action that was beyond his control.

Would think Eastwood must be pretty sick, not only get sent off, missing three games, but more important letting his team mates down

However he willnot be the first as Maher has down the same in the past, as has Bentley, and who can forget the magnificent 8 at Swansea when Mr Brush was also given orders.
I think because Freddy isn't firing this season, too much is being made of it, it would be nice if people realise that he has had a major leap in terms of football in the past year from RYMAN 1 to Division 2, lets give the lad a break, and get behind him when he returns back into the team,sharper and fitter, to be honest this maybe a blessing in disguise for him after his start, and maybe the rest he needs to take stock and get his confidence back, instead of Tilly having to make hard decision to drop him to the bench

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 22 2005,09:47)]Did anyone notice that he scored on Saturday?
I can see where you're going with that but there's no question, despite the goal and despite the harshness of the ref's decision, that Freddy made a serious error which may have cost us points. He's paid to score goals. He isn't paid to get raise his hands and give the ref the chance to send him off.

No one's really slating the fella. On balance, we've done pretty well out of young Eastwood and there'll be plenty more to come from him... but this is a discussion forum.

I take all that on board, respect comments of all concerned and having different opinions is what makes life interesting. I just sometimes think we do not fully appreciate Frddy given his age and background. Now if Barrett had got sent off for example, this site would be flooded with comments coming out on his side. I would prefer Tilson and others to say he gets kicked and ppuilled etc every week and was'nt it out of character etc....

Back