• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Ebbsfleet United v Southend United, Friday 29th March, 15:00 ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 47 85.5%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 46 83.6%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Jack Bridge

Votes: 44 80.0%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 46 83.6%
  • Oli Coker

• Wes Fonguck

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Marcus Dackers

Votes: 36 65.5%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • James Morton

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Danny Waldron

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Adam Crowther

• Jason Demetriou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deon Woodman

• David Martin

• Noor Husin

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • ….

• ….

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Lose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
It’s a second consecutive away game, at Ebbsfleet on Good Friday, after Tuesday night’s stonker at Solihull followed the 0-0 stinker at home to Woking, and we will try to extend our unbeaten run to a dozen games.

Over the course of the last 10 games, ourselves and The Fleet are two of the most in form teams in the National League so let’s hope the game lives up to expectations.

IMG_7090.jpeg

Ebbsfleet looked dead and buried around Christmas, but since our former academy coach Danny Searle took over as manager they haven’t looked back and now look reasonably safe and should be heading for a mid-table finish, although with things so tight at the bottom they’re certainly not safe yet being only 3 points outside the relegation zone. Searle has had an interesting career since leaving us, including a spell as assistant manager at Banik Ostrava in the Czech Republic. He’s certainly a well qualified coach and seems to be putting all those qualifications to good use by getting his new team purring.

They have a couple of former blues in their squad - Josh Wright in their midfield and Dominic Poleon up front, although he was kept out of the starting line up in their last game by Rakish Bingham who scored a hat-trick in their 4-2 win over high-flying Gateshead. Luke O’Neill is also at the club (thanks @Zeuss for pointing this out) but wasn’t involved in their last match day squad.

Fleet’s game at Halifax last Saturday was postponed (less than an hour before kick off!) and they didn’t play midweek so will have had nearly a fortnight off by the time we play them.

Now that we have a reasonably full squad, Kev has the chance to rotate the players to keep them fresh but on the back of Tuesday’s victory at Solihull it would be pretty harsh to drop anybody and he may opt to freshen things up from the bench instead.

So who would you start in our first competitive game at the Kuflink stadium in front of another huge away following, and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
Huge crowd.

Only 35 Miles away.

Off the back of 3-0 away win against a play-off side.

What could go wrong?

🙃

See you all there! :LoyalSupporter:

Fleet’s game at Halifax last Saturday was postponed (less than an hour before kick off!) and they didn’t play midweek so will have had nearly a fortnight off by the time we play them.
Same as Hartlepool the other week, & it didn't make much difference to their performance that day, so here's hoping for the same from Ebbsfleet....?.

I've gone for Danny Waldren for this game, which is harsh on Dackers, but he is on loan and Danny is ours and needs more minutes.

lineup (3).png

Unchanged line up surely. We’ve just won 3-0.

That makes no sense. We need to pick a side to win the next game, not the last one.

Dackers was picked on Tuesday because the management identified that Solihull lacked height and physicality at the back - I think Maher even mentioned it in his pre-match line-up reveal. If Ebbsfleet are full of giants at the back with no pace, why would we pick Dackers on the basis of his success against a small back line and not Waldron who’d be better suited against such an opposition?

That makes no sense. We need to pick a side to win the next game, not the last one.

Dackers was picked on Tuesday because the management identified that Solihull lacked height and physicality at the back - I think Maher even mentioned it in his pre-match line-up reveal. If Ebbsfleet are full of giants at the back with no pace, why would we pick Dackers on the basis of his success against a small back line and not Waldron who’d be better suited against such an opposition?
Well, it’s Kev’s job to decide these things and why neither of us is manager of Southend. I guess I’d keep Dackers in personally as he seems to me to be a confidence player and starting him might be a good thing, as he’d be on a high.

Well, it’s Kev’s job to decide these things and why neither of us is manager of Southend. I guess I’d keep Dackers in personally as he seems to me to be a confidence player and starting him might be a good thing, as he’d be on a high.
I've often seen @Cricko on a high, but it's horrible when his medication wears off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back