• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Edinburgh Advice

Maybe I got bored of it after a while.

OK- Leeds Castle, St Andrews, Windsor, Dalhousie Castle, Myres Castle...

The last two being near Edinburgh as well...

Forgot about Windsor - good shout. Must check out some of those other Scottish ones one day.

Prague Castle - that's good. But not if you're going to Edinburgh.

Prague Castle is excellent, I'm a big fan of Framlingham castle as well...

ee_framlingham_01.jpg

Prague Castle is excellent, I'm a big fan of Framlingham castle as well...

ee_framlingham_01.jpg

A couple of miles from where my parents now live.

Had an interesting experience at Fram castle where if you stand at a certain angle under the gate (& the clouds are being blown in the right direction & speed) it appears as if the wall is going to tumble down on your head!

Had an interesting experience at Fram castle where if you stand at a certain angle under the gate (& the clouds are being blown in the right direction & speed) it appears as if the wall is going to tumble down on your head!

Rich - stay off the Bucky. It does strange things to your sense of perception...!

;)

Name five :)

I do like a good castle and Edinburgh is certainly one of the best I have visited (I found the Royal Scots Museum fascinating).

Honourable mentions to Cardiff, Battle, Elizabeth Castle (St Helier) and of course Hadleigh Castle :)

Back to Edinburgh, the National Gallery is good. And free!

Slightly of Topic............

I took the wife to Dunrobin Castle in Sutherland on Sunday.......nothing short of stunning and a really good falconry display in the grounds as well, £8.00 for an adult which allows you access all day long.

dunrobin_castle.jpg

Back