• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eduardo dive

Gotta love the suggestion on 5live of instead of banning the player for two games, having a "foul ban" meaning for the two games anything you do to Eduardo would not be given as a foul. I think that would stop him or indeed anyone diving in the future!

I'm all in favour of such a move. For identification purposes the player should have to put on a tutu for the duration of the "foul ban".

I'm all in favour of such a move. For identification purposes the player should have to put on a tutu for the duration of the "foul ban".

That's actually not a bad idea at all... At my old School, A kid who was a notorious bully was forced to wear a sign by the Headmaster that said "I am a Bully" round his neck for a weak. After that punishment, he never did much.

If Eduardo, or anybody else, is found guilty of something similar then he should be forced to have "Cheat" emblazoned on the front of his shirt and "Cheater" as his name on the back of his shirt. For most Footballers, their most prized possession is their ego, and this would be a great message to send to the kids watching.

As it happens, I think Eduardo's been made a massive example of, partly because it's happened so early in the season. The number of foreign players that dive or feign injury in this competition is shocking, and I'd expect with this precedent set that the same punishment will be dished out.

With Platini at the helm, though, I very much doubt it...

The number of foreign players that dive or feign injury in this competition is shocking, and I'd expect with this precedent set that the same punishment will be dished out.

With Platini at the helm, though, I very much doubt it...

To be fair two of the biggest divers in recent years have been Owen and Gerrard.

Owen actually dived for a penalty against the Argies and no one mentioned it, Gerrard does it all the time. Shearer did it and when asked about it said “I was desperate to do something for my Country”

What I can't understand is how Platini and his cronies can punish Eduardo, when by his own admission he used to dive all the time.

personally think he's been made an example of... however I'm still bothered that keepers are allowed to come sliding out and force strikers to lose the ball and often to dive. what else can Eduardo do, the ball is now running out for a goalkick all because Boruc threatened to clatter into him by recklessly sliding across the grass towards him.

So keepers aren't allowed to come of their line to challenge for the ball, are you on a wind-up?

personally think he's been made an example of... however I'm still bothered that keepers are allowed to come sliding out and force strikers to lose the ball and often to dive. what else can Eduardo do, the ball is now running out for a goalkick all because Boruc threatened to clatter into him by recklessly sliding across the grass towards him.
i did this plenty of times last year when i played in goal.

So how many times will we see Ronadlo dive this season for Real, and not get punished for it. How many times over last few seasons have we seen it. Porto against Celtic a couple of seasons ago.

It's seems that if he English then its fine, but another nationality then everyone is up in arms

So how many times will we see Ronadlo dive this season for Real, and not get punished for it. How many times over last few seasons have we seen it. Porto against Celtic a couple of seasons ago.

It's seems that if he English then its fine, but another nationality then everyone is up in arms

Since when was Eduardo English?

The last thing Arsenal needed yesterday was for Eboue to go and pathetically throw himself into the air when Evra was know where near him, a yellow card now isnt enough, needs to be a stronger punishement - red card and a five game ban or if it's persistent from one club, a points deduction

I personally believe that if it's a dive to gain a goal scoring opportunity (a penalty) then it should be a red card and the same as denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. Eboues was completely pointless foe where it was, a yellow was probably fair

I'm not having that. Gerrard is a gentleman and a rolemodel for English kids,.

Booooo **** off Lampard you fat ****! How dare you be a consummate professional and always turn up for England duty even if you are injured? You'll never be Stevie G.

Back