• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Edwards/Prior

there's_2_daisy's

Does anyone know why Tilly opted for Eagle? Is Spinner injured?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (there's_2_daisy's @ Jan. 13 2005,11:28)]Does anyone know why Tilly opted for Eagle?  Is Spinner injured?
I guess it was tactical? Perhaps Tilly felt that out of the different qualities of the two players, Edwards was the more likely to keep Kirk quiet.... how wrong he was, sadly for Eagle
sad.gif

Expect Prior back on Saturday

Tilly might have seen that Jason Lee wasn't playing so thought that Edwards would be better suited to deal with the much smaller Kirk & Clare. Then they went and stuck that other big lump up front with them both. Personally I thought last night before the game that its the perfect game for someone like Spencer Prior, but meh, Tilly has taken us to 4th so we can't really complain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (there's_2_daisy's @ Jan. 13 2005,11:28)]Does anyone know why Tilly opted for Eagle?  Is Spinner injured?
Surely it was because Edwards played so well over Christmas when Prior was ill? Edwards was then rested for Kiddie as he'd played 3 games in a week, so Prior came back in and now Edwards is recuperated enough to come back in. Well that's my theory anyway.
wink.gif

Of the two, since they rejoined, I've been more impressed with Edwards. Not much between them but I think he works a bit better with Barrett.

Too be honest I don't feel that comfortable with either of them at the back but I'd give the edge to Spinner because I feel that he helps out the likes of Nicky and Che.

I think Spinner is a class act, but I seem to be in a minority. Eagle is at best solid, but no more.

Prior every time for me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 13 2005,18:08)]I think Spinner is a class act, but I seem to be in a minority. Eagle is at best solid, but no more.

Prior every time for me.
Crumbs... agreeing with you again, Matthew. It won't do.

Still, at least I have the defence that I haven't seen the side much recently...

tounge.gif

Out of the two, I think Edwards is the better defender. They're both very similar players, but I think Edwards is slightly more solid. He was excellent over Christmas and that's probably why Tilly put him in.

Prior IMO is much much better in the air, and surely would have put away that chance yesterday that Edwards even admitted 'my gran woulda scored that 9 outta 10 times!' Feel more comfortable with Prior playing

I think Tilly should be congratulated for bring in the best centre half in the division (Barrett) and also two players with a wealth of league experience to choose from to partner him (Spinner and Eagle).

The glass is still half full guys, despite defeat on Wednesday!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Jan. 14 2005,10:12)]Prior for me...
Andy's better looking, but Spencer has the experience to be able to give me a really good pounding up the wrong'un at short notice.

Cant really comment on Traceys comments but I feel Prior everytime in a football sense.

His distirbution is awful nut he is super in the air and as 90% of teams in thisleague just want to lump it I think he is ideal.

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Jan. 14 2005,14:43)]Cant really comment on Traceys comments
You bloody liar Dave! You know EXACTLY what it takes to do me up the wrong'un you Brighton based bounder!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Tracey

You really are a slag as I did that on the basis that you wouldnt tell anyone. You are a common hoare.

PS - I have the clap

Back