• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Election day 2016

4 Police Commissioners on the ballot form, none of whom have bothered sticking as much as a leaflet through the door, so for the first time in my life I spoiled my vote. What's the point of them?

4 Police Commissioners on the ballot form, none of whom have bothered sticking as much as a leaflet through the door, so for the first time in my life I spoiled my vote. What's the point of them?

What did you spoil it with?

Actually, each of my examples were from "real life experience"

Really? I work for a company with a fleet of 32 tippers. Driving staff as of today,

15 Romainians
1 Bulagian
1 Pole
The rest are English and a lone Irishman.

WE ALL GET PAID THE SAME RATE.

If they think they are being short changed then they leave. They aren't so they stay. It's the same on the legit sites. There is no two tier wage structure with with the reputable companies, it's the cash in hand brigade trying it on, not eastern europeans undercutting.

Actually, said friend works for TESCO (or the firm they use for deliveries) and they won't increase any pay and haven't done so for 5-10 years on the (unofficial) grounds that a Romanian (or whatever nationality) will happily work for nix, live in poverty and send a fair proportion of the low money he earns back home.

why pay a Brit a good wage when you can get a Romanian do it for half?

Really? I work for a company with a fleet of 32 tippers. Driving staff as of today,

15 Romainians
1 Bulagian
1 Pole
The rest are English and a lone Irishman.

WE ALL GET PAID THE SAME RATE.

If they think they are being short changed then they leave. They aren't so they stay. It's the same on the legit sites. There is no two tier wage structure with with the reputable companies, it's the cash in hand brigade trying it on, not eastern europeans undercutting.

I can confirm - my wife's company has had people applying for work, and wanting cash in hand rather than go through the books. Of course we say no, for many reasons, and they have all been English.

I can confirm - my wife's company has had people applying for work, and wanting cash in hand rather than go through the books. Of course we say no, for many reasons, and they have all been English.

Barna?:winking:

Truly horrible surprise on BBC News a little while ago when Neil Hamilton was up there celebrating getting a spot in the Welsh Assembly. What an odious ****.

We're only voting for Police and Crime Commissioner today (woo-hoo) and there are only four candidates. Leaflets through from the Conservatives, Labour and Lib Dems, but nothing from UKIP.

The Labour candidate was MP for St Albans for eight years and the Lib Dem guy has been a county councillor since 1993, so some pedigree there. Not really sure what the Conservative chap has done to merit being their man, but to be fair Herts is the proverbial 'pin a blue rosette on a donkey' county.

I voted at around 7:40 and it looked like I was only the fourth person to do so in that polling station. I can't imagine they'll be knocked over in the rush today.

Yeah we only had PCC yesterday - no information from anyone - also when I went to vote I was surprised to find we could vote for first and second choices - don`t remember that last time - needless to say I voted for the `None of these people thank you`party :'(

Barna?:winking:

Ha! It so happens that 75% of the private classes that I currently do, (not that many fortunately), insist on paying me in cash.

If I said no, I'd lose the work.

As a legal freelance, I'd much prefer to give them an invoice every time.That's just not possible in modern day Spain,however.

Ha! It so happens that 75% of the private classes that I currently do, (not that many fortunately), insist on paying me in cash.

If I said no, I'd lose the work.

As a legal freelance, I'd much prefer to give them an invoice every time.That's just not possible in modern day Spain,however.

tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif

Anyway. Early indications are that Sadiq Khan - unsurprisingly - is running away with it here in London.

tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif

Anyway. Early indications are that Sadiq Khan - unsurprisingly - is running away with it here in London.

Really? LBC have been saying that due to a pitiful turnout (30% maybe) it's too close to call at the moment. It's Khan's to lose if you believe the polls but that might just change in the next few hours.

Really? LBC have been saying that due to a pitiful turnout (30% maybe) it's too close to call at the moment. It's Khan's to lose if you believe the polls but that might just change in the next few hours.

Back