• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis

I'd be surprised if many were interested in him to be honest. If there are some clubs then I have no idea why, I think he's been average/poor all season.

Because he’s 22/23 years old with 100 league appearances under his belt maybe? Granted a double relegation does no one any favours but most clubs will look beyond that.

He has many attributes that better teams and better players will bring out.

Because he’s 22/23 years old with 100 league appearances under his belt maybe? Granted a double relegation does no one any favours but most clubs will look beyond that.

He has many attributes that better teams and better players will bring out.

You've listed his age and the amount of appearances he's made in a desperate and pathetic squad. He started off shocking when he first started, then he improved quite a bit but since then he's gone well downhill again. I don't rate him at all personally.

How has Lenny not progressed or gone backwards? He plays in the Championship and we’re about to be in Non-League.

Ok fair point I was thinking it didn't work for him at Sheffield Utd and he took a backwards step to Millwall, but I think you probably get the point I'm making..

You've listed his age and the amount of appearances he's made in a desperate and pathetic squad. He started off shocking when he first started, then he improved quite a bit but since then he's gone well downhill again. I don't rate him at all personally.

That’s of course your prerogative. Have you forgotten the 4 consecutive months he was voted player of the month by the fans, or the double player of the year the same season as being young player of the year?

Have you considered it was the desperate and pathetic squad that hasn’t helped him shine and he’s developed how he has in spite of not because of and going ‘downhill again’ was possibly due to the situation and not his potential or ability?

Chris Powell seemed in no doubt about his potential to play higher and I’m thinking he knew a good full back when he saw one?

You can't question his commitment, effort and enthusiasm in the face of the adverse circumstances that have engulfed the club throughout his career to date. However, having watched nearly all his games over the last three years I can't honestly detect any progress or improvement in that period. He still gets caught out of possession, ball watches instead of marking the player and seldom delivers a good cross when coming forward, not to mention his throw-ons. All the shortcomings that could be excused on his debut are still there 100 games later. Obviously, being in a struggling side has not helped and maybe a move would do him good and I don't like to criticize someone who at least gives 100% unlike some, but if he leaves with a decent fee, why not?

How has Lenny not progressed or gone backwards? He plays in the Championship and we’re about to be in Non-League.
Leonard was outstanding at our League One level but he hasn’t been playing much in the Championship,even for Millwall—usually on the bench when not out injured.

I can envisage Elvis ticking a lot of boxes as an attractive player to sign by a MLS side.
Free agent, young, African international, English first language, FL experience, mate of Dru.

That’s of course your prerogative. Have you forgotten the 4 consecutive months he was voted player of the month by the fans, or the double player of the year the same season as being young player of the year?

Have you considered it was the desperate and pathetic squad that hasn’t helped him shine and he’s developed how he has in spite of not because of and going ‘downhill again’ was possibly due to the situation and not his potential or ability?

Chris Powell seemed in no doubt about his potential to play higher and I’m thinking he knew a good full back when he saw one?

I simply don't rate him, is that not allowed?

Leonard was outstanding at our League One level but he hasn’t been playing much in the Championship,even for Millwall—usually on the bench when not out injured.
Not true. He'd established himself in the starting 11 before his latest injury.

Millwall are in the top half of the Championship and he has played 30 games this season, even though he’s been injured for the past few months. If that’s not progression from us then what is? It certainly isn’t going backwards. I don’t think anyone was expecting him to go on to play in the Premier League.

why are you so angry, all the time?

I don't come on here very often at all anymore sooooooooooo I don't really get your comment to be honest. I've said this before to you Pubey, I've met you face to face many times and you don't say boo to a goose, it's only on shrimperzone that you bother saying anything. You're always commenting on anything I say, it's a bit creepy really.

I am pretty angry at the moment though because I feel as if Ron can do whatever he wants and only 100 odd fans turn up to try and stop it, the rest are just perfectly happy to let him keep digging his knife in even further. I cannot understand how so many can just sit by and do nothing. I physically cannot understand that.

Millwall are in the top half of the Championship and he has played 30 games this season, even though he’s been injured for the past few months. If that’s not progression from us then what is? It certainly isn’t going backwards. I don’t think anyone was expecting him to go on to play in the Premier League.
I’d be very surprised to learn that he’s had 30 STARTS this season but I hope that’s right,he was probably my favourite Blues player over the last decade .
Maybe I was thinking of the previous season more. I know many Millwall fans didn’t rate him at all but that would have been under Neil Harris who they rated even less.

I’d be very surprised to learn that he’s had 30 STARTS this season but I hope that’s right,he was probably my favourite Blues player over the last decade .
Maybe I was thinking of the previous season more. I know many Millwall fans didn’t rate him at all but that would have been under Neil Harris who they rated even less.

28 of his 30 appearances this season have been starts.

A Millwall friend of mine says Lenny is rated quite highly in SE16. His words exactly; “He has been outstanding this season, and one of the main driving forces behind them flirting with the playoff spots”.

If memory serves correct, I think he picked up a season ending injury around Jan/Feb time. Before that, I think he was an ever present this season and one of the first names on the team sheet.

Back