• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Email to Stewarts Law - Insolvency Team - Petition adjourned until 15th May.

My ditty to them- doubt they will be arsed
To reply

Dear Sirs

They say lawyers don’t make good business people. As if to prove the point I am stunned to see that your practice has brought a winding up petition against Southend United.

Of course it will be adjourned.

But to what end do you imagine this is a good idea. I have already ensured the businesses I control have no dealings with you ( if they did I would end our relationship). There are tens of thousands of Southend supporters and many own businesses. A small group significant businesses. We are all investigating whether we give business to your firm.

I am led to believe that your own lawyer represented the club at a previous winding up hearing doing an excellent job of claiming that winding up such a community asset would be unforgivable- the hypocrisy, and now with DD on the takeover being completed within days.

We are pulling together a meeting of business owners supporting Southend Football Club imminently to discuss next steps- please let me know if you are bothered to provide any input/reply.

Best regards

A bit of poetic license but via this forum not divorced from the truth

Last edited:
This guy is the Managing Partner at Stewarts Law

sdench@stewartslaw.com
He is also on Linked-In so you might also be able to send messages that way.

Their guy in charge seems to be a classic ambulance chaser

BA038 was hailed as an amazing piece of airmanship by the pilots to land just short of the runway at Heathrow without any loss of life to passenger or people on the ground ( it often features on the National Geographic channel in their Air Crash Investigations series ) yet he appears to have represented those making a claim for compensation....

Their guy in charge seems to be a classic ambulance chaser

BA038 was hailed as an amazing piece of airmanship by the pilots to land just short of the runway at Heathrow without any loss of life to passenger or people on the ground ( it often features on the National Geographic channel in their Air Crash Investigations series ) yet he appears to have represented those making a claim for compensation....

If Boeing were not at fault, they would not have settled and paid out.

I happy to send an email

Can people confirm the email addresses I send to , as I read some have had their emails bounce back undelivered .

Also can someone copy and paste an up to date message , as I see a few people have added / amended the original posted version on here .

THANK YOU

Last edited:
Just my opinion but implicit threats against people owed money by the club or working for those owed money by the club is not the way to go.

The timing isn’t great but they are not the ones in the wrong.

In any case a legal firm is not going to be strong armed.

Just my opinion but implicit threats against people owed money by the club or working for those owed money by the club is not the way to go.

What's the alternative? Sit back and let them potentially wind the club up?

You're entitled to your opinion whoever I do not agree with you, the threat of bad publicity and protests outside their offices will send shockwaves through their firm

People can do business with who they like, and take business away from companies who do not act in a way they feel is appropriate (indeed for any reason- as I say you can do business with who you like).

I would encourage any business owner and supporter to review if they do business with them and act how they see fit. Through the forum this can be and is co-ordinated to some extent. And we can feedback and discuss what else we can do. As we are.

Reality is we will very probably find none of us currently do business with them. Very likely the companies associated with the consortium members don't either. Leverage is probably very small. And I will be surprised if we see any replies or it makes any difference. But we do what we can even if it only makes us feel better.

Obviously any "threat" other than not using their services or pointing to the bad PR they might get is not appropriate. I suspect all the threats thus far have come from them to the club regarding payment. And I expect those threats have been explicit...

I have e-mailed my considered response, avoiding any threats etc, to StewartsLaw. However I sent it to three addresses an one came back as incorrect. I check all address and they appear to be the right address, so I guess maybe something is wrong with the original address

Back