• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leoblue

Director
For those of you who might be interested, I came across this, end of season League 1 prediction table, last night. Link below:

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leagueone/league/predicted

I haven't a clue what they've based the forthcoming results on, but it shows us finishing 7th.

A few things I noticed is that from now until the end of the season, it shows us drawing a lot of games.

Secondly, the 4 (inform teams) from the last 4 games, Us, Barnsley, Wigan and Millwall, haven't pushed on, according to this..

If anyone's a wiz in Excel and have your own formula, you might want to use this.

It's quite a good site and some interesting states.

My Prediction League skills are less than exceptional as my position in Div 3 shows. I think I'll just watch this thread from the touch line.

So this predicts we won't win away from home again this season, and we won't lose again at home this season??

really.......

So we are going to score either nil or one goal in every game that's left, I think NOT

So this predicts we won't win away from home again this season, and we won't lose again at home this season??

really.......

It does seem that way, I just haven't got a clue what it's based on. It certainly hasn't taken into account teams that are in form.

really.......

If you multiply all the probabilities together there's a 93.2% chance of us winning at least one of the away games according to the site, the problem is the predictor doesn't know what game that will be so it ends up saying we'll draw or lose all of them because that's the most likely event in a single match.

according to this we won't score again until the 1st March.
I think that's fairly unlikely.
they predict 3 0-0 draws then a 1-0 loss away to Port Vale then a 1-0 win over Crewe.

to be honest i think they've over-weighted Phil Brown's Clean Sheet Mentality in their calculations!

predictions are a mugs game, i've learnt my lesson

according to this we won't score again until the 1st March.
I think that's fairly unlikely.
they predict 3 0-0 draws then a 1-0 loss away to Port Vale then a 1-0 win over Crewe.

to be honest i think they've over-weighted Phil Brown's Clean Sheet Mentality in their calculations!

predictions are a mugs game, i've learnt my lesson

Yeah, me too!!

Only 10 goals to be scored before end of the season, I'm taking my pillow and duvet, sleep time!

Back