• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England in Australia .. One Day Series

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
England kick off their one day programme down under with a match verses a Prime Ministers XI

The Aussies won the toss and have elected to have a bat, sides as follows ...

Australia: Payne(capt), Khawaja, Ferguson, Keath, Christian, Thornton, Miller, Lee, Doherty, Pattinson, Copeland
England: Bell, Davies, Trott, Pietersen, Collingwood(capt), Morgan, Wright, Yardy, Tredwell, Shazad, Woakes

For the homesters Brett Lee is the stand out name, though Daniel Christian and Callum Ferguson i rate highly, Payne also is decent and we saw a little bit of Khawaja and Doherty in the tests .. the other 5 i've never heard of to be honest

For England i'm looking forward to seeing Morgan bat (though obviously i hope he doesn't have to !!!) and Woakes bowl, i don't like Tredwell or Shazad and would love to see Ravi in there, perhaps at the expense of Luke Wright but it aint gonna happen so we move on

Of course today is no more than a public net and doesn't even carry First Class status but it'll be good to get off to a winning start ahead of the first T20 on Wednesday (at a much more viewer friendly time of 8am FYI)

There was a bit of rain about earlier which relented long enough for the toss to take place, however its returned with a vengeance and is absolutely bucketing it down at the minute

Think we could be in for a long long delay here ...

Was thinking about staying up for a while, damn rain!

I have a bottle of wine open so I'm hanging around for a while.

Wowzers Shahzad is swinging it massively!

Swing is all well and good but not a lot of control!

Impressed with Bell's strike-rate. Don't know whether the bowling was wayward or whether he's found an extra gear to his batting.

Impressed with Bell's strike-rate. Don't know whether the bowling was wayward or whether he's found an extra gear to his batting.

Having watched him in the last domestic final of the season (whoever sponsors it nowdays? Clydesdale?) When he hit a match winning ton, I think he has found an extra gear and the confidence shown in the tests have permeated through his whole batting.....

Watched the extended highlights earlier on and Bell looked a class above the rest! Got lucky midway thru by not being caught after some poor fielding but took full advantage of that and thats what the best normally do! Yardy had a brilliant spell and bowled well throughout and looked good with a couple of c&b's!

Professional job that by England, with Bell looking in supreme touch and Yardy beating them all ends up

Only gripe was the way Gladstone Small stammered and stuttered his way through his commentary stint, amateurish at best .. on the flip side i thought Blewitt and Kasprawich (spelling !!!) were fair dinkum, spending a fair bit of time looking out for Sheilas in the crowd :smile:

We pegged them back pretty well.....157 for 4 at end of 20 overs. Woakes getting White out cheaply helped.

Our batting line up looks either deep (with one of Shazad, Woakes or Swann coming in at 11) or a long tail with the bits and pieces Wright coming in at 6. Behind the wicketkeeper Davies and unproven 20/20 player Bell who are opening and Collingwood who was out of nick in the main event...... hopefully they all have a good day as if we win it is a new record 8 wins on the trot....

Aussie fielding typical of what we saw during the main event... Bell dropped twice, series of misfields and England go to 45-1 after 4.

We pegged them back pretty well.....157 for 4 at end of 20 overs. Woakes getting White out cheaply helped.

Our batting line up looks either deep (with one of Shazad, Woakes or Swann coming in at 11) or a long tail with the bits and pieces Wright coming in at 6. Behind the wicketkeeper Davies and unproven 20/20 player Bell who are opening and Collingwood who was out of nick in the main event...... hopefully they all have a good day as if we win it is a new record 8 wins on the trot....

Our team looks very much like an England A team to me.

Living on a prayer time, with 11 overs left.

These two have taken time to play themselves in, they now need to finish the job.

Back