• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England V Croatia -Wednesday 11th July 2018

I don't think we have much to fear. This is a side who couldn't beat either Russia or Denmark over 90 minutes.

Their one really good performance was against a very poor Argentina side.

I'm confident we'll get through. Well, as much as you can be as an England fan.

Tickets for the game are very scarce it seems. One England fan managed to buy 2 today in Moscow for £500 for the pair. He thought that was a good deal until he realised that both were complimentary tickets for disabled persons only!!

Tickets for the game are very scarce it seems. One England fan managed to buy 2 today in Moscow for £500 for the pair. He thought that was a good deal until he realised that both were complimentary tickets for disabled persons only!!
That's brilliant. In the words of Half Man Half Biscuit; "Fetch my stick Margaret"!!

Interesting stat coming out from Opta today on Jordan Henderson who’s come under fire from some quarters, bizarrely in my opinion.

He’s not ended up on the losing side in any of his last 30 England matches (w23 d7). That’s the longest run of any England player in our history. 3D6342F8-B207-4A47-BF79-49FACC090F6B.jpeg

Interesting stat coming out from Opta today on Jordan Henderson who’s come under fire from some quarters, bizarrely in my opinion.

He’s not ended up on the losing side in any of his last 30 England matches (w23 d7). That’s the longest run of any England player in our history. View attachment 5448

I wasn't sold on him before the tournament but he's certainly been one of our better players

Report from sunny Zagreb ( where else ).

Buzzing here too and bizarrely saw 3 guys in England shirts singing ‘Football’s Coming Home” - ‘‘tis a strange world.

Met my Croatian business contacts and after many drinks and much banter , we tactfully agreed to support the other team on Sunday should ours lose.

We ALL agreed that we hated the French and didn’t want to see their smug faces celebrating!

So for me it’s England , Croatia, Belgium, France in that order!

Their serious ( and obvious) feeling was that if we stop Modric , we win the game.

The nerves have kicked in. It's a long long time to 19:00hrs. Yet despite that I'm feeling very hopeful
Come on you Lions.

The nerves have kicked in. It's a long long time to 19:00hrs.
I'm going to the Chelmsford Beer Festival to make the afternoon pass as quickly as possible. It's going to be tricky finding the right balance of drinking enough to make the most of the festival, but no so much that I pass out in front of the match when I get home!

Charing Cross was very quiet this morning - almost as if most people are working from home (I would have done but have pesky review board today)

If it is,I doubt if it will be on Sunday.

Way to **** on everybody's chips and completely miss the entire mood of the country. Perhaps, for once, get behind the team of the country of your birth, that's completely upset the applecart at this WC? They have a chance to make history.

Way to **** on everybody's chips and completely miss the entire mood of the country. Perhaps, for once, get behind the team of the country of your birth, that's completely upset the applecart at this WC? They have a chance to make history.
I'd say that's even less likely than the 3 Lions going all the way...

Believe it or not ,I'm hoping England win tonight (though I don't think they will).Even if they do I don't expect them to win on Sunday, (as I implied).Nor would any sensible person who saw France beat Belgium last night,IMO.

Believe it or not ,I'm hoping England win tonight (though I don't think they will).Even if they do I don't expect them to win on Sunday, (as I implied).Nor would any sensible person who saw France beat Belgium last night,IMO.

I never expected us to beat Man Utd, or get a draw against Chelsea, or to top the old Div 2 when we smashed Newcastle 4-0. Or to get a draw with Liverpool or for Joe Piggott to score in the 122nd minute.

Without hope and optimism what's the point?

Deleted post. Ok, I'll put it another way. This has been one of the most positive threads in years and it is being trolled. Trolled by one person looking to get a reaction. While a life ban would fill me with joy might I suggest at least a ban from this thread until after the final. Then the trolling can resume unhindered after that.

Believe it or not, you're a tedious troll.

France will be favourites against England or Croatia on Sunday, but both teams will have half a chance. Irrespective of what happens tonight it'll be a fascinating final.

Back