• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread England v France, Saturday 10 December, 7pm, ITV1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long now to go.Less than 30 hours and my nerves are starting.
Well like Russia 18,we have beaten the teams we thought we should and now have reached the minimum what we expected the Q/F.
Ive already started to hear on the radio.."yes,but in two years this team will be better".
How often have we heard-read that ??(every two years)
Surely its now time after all the talk that we not only start beating the TOP teams consistently but also win a cup or three.
We have been told we play better against better opposition,counter attack etc....lets hope its now time for the talking to stop....action speaks louder than words.
CUMON ENGLAND....but i aint holding my breath...we always end up feeling let down
Deep breath @ozzie mate. 2018 - World Cup Semi finals, 2020 - Finals of the European Championships. There are players in our current squad that experienced both those tournaments and that experience will really help now. In Jude Bellingham we have one of the most precocious new talents in the world, and our attacking options are fearsome in their depth.

At his press conference today Didier Deschamps reckoned that England don't have any weaknesses, now we know that he doesn't believe that, but he isn't far too wrong. I was around for the 66 World Cup and the belief in their abilities that the 1966 squad had is more than evident in the current bunch of the lads. Anything is possible and I really fancy us to give it a very big go.

Deep breath RHB...i am,iam..in fact when my wife phoned me up im sure she thought i was having sex with someone.
But we have seen all this before..from Gazza ,Becks,Gerrard Rooney..all ended in tears.
Im now on my pre match England beer/s...what will i be like in two hours let alone in 26??
CUMON ENGLAND
The Senegal v England game was not even shown live on German tv.
Talk about dummy..spitting..out...luvit...hope my motor still has the England stuff showing come sunday
Oh and i watched the 66 final with my dad in Elm Road.Hope i will watch the 2022 with my boy

They are certainly chauvinistic about their team but this time it's justified I think.
Why is that? The lost one of their group games and only had a goal difference of +3
England didn't lose a game and had a goal difference of +7. All teams in Englands group are in the top 20 whereas only one of France opponents in the group were in the top 20

Why is that? The lost one of their group games and only had a goal difference of +3
England didn't lose a game and had a goal difference of +7. All teams in Englands group are in the top 20 whereas only one of France opponents in the group were in the top 20
If you've seen England's performances and compare them with those of France there's no doubt which is the better team.It's not really about statistics at all.

Last edited:
If you've seen England's performances and compare them with those of France there's no doubt which is the better team.It's not really about statisticsa at all.
Statistically brazil should have won yesterday but we know what happened there. Spain should've cruised past Morocco. If you believe that player for player france is better than England then it's a france win. I dont believe that. But what we do know anything can happen at this WC

Statistically brazil should have won yesterday but we know what happened there. Spain should've cruised past Morocco.1. If you believe that player for player france is better than England then it's a france win.. I dont believe that. 2.But what we do know anything can happen at this WC

1.Yes.Not so sure about player for player but certainly as a team.

2.Indeed.Rather think it's going to be the sorcerer v the apprentice tonight.Not that I'm expecting a flood of goals but I'm fairly confident of what the result will be. :Winking:

Last edited:
If you've seen England's performances and compare them with those of France there's no doubt which is the better team.It's not really about statistics at all.
There’s been nothing wrong with England’s performances - arguably USA game aside - but we topped the group and got through. I guess we’ll see tonight how far apart the teams are but we have an experienced back line and an exciting bunch of attacking players. We also have progressed to the later stages of the last 2 major tournaments.

Most certainly, Deschamps and his team won’t be as cocksure as you seem to be 🤔

1.There’s been nothing wrong with England’s performances - arguably USA game aside - but we topped the group and got through.1. I guess we’ll see tonight how far apart the teams are but we have an experienced back line and an exciting bunch of attacking players. 1.We also have progressed to the later stages of the last 2 major tournaments.

2.Most certainly, Deschamps and his team won’t be as cocksure as you seem to be 🤔

1.Indeed but tonight is the first time that England have played an elite team in the tournament so far.Afraid neither the USA nor Senegal count in that department.France of course, won the thing last time around.

2.Wouldn't say I'm "cocksure".Merely quietly confident.

1.Indeed but tonight is the first time that England have played an elite team in the tournament so far.Afraid neither the USA nor Senegal count in that department.France of course, won the thing last time around.

I find it rather sad that you seem to be more interested in France than your country of birth

6 hours 45 to go ....

just seen Chris Powell with the guys on utube.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s interesting that there’s apparently been a lot of criticism of Deschamps back in France .. his contract is up after the WC and he’s got the shadow of Zidane hanging over him.

France will be knowing this is a ‘must win’. Mbappe in particular has a lot of expectation riding on him. Of course we’ll be aware of France’s other strengths but they’ll also be well aware of ours (especially off the bench).

Neither have France.

Denmark, Tunisia & Poland are not elite teams. They even managed to lose to Tunisia

Tonight is too close to call, both teams will fancy their chances and are both good teams

Frogs are nothing special. We can win this. I just hope the commentators don't cream themselves whenever Mbappe passes the ball.

They did it with Messi and Neymar and it was doing my head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back