• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v India Tests

India don’t play too much 4 day cricket. The simple answer is we haven’t been good enough for 18 months. Relying far too much on 1 batsmen and 2 ageing bowlers and not enough talent coming through.

also not winning becomes a habit hard to break. A bit like SUFC......until tomorrow!
The turning point was us winning the first game of the season

Only a matter of time before Kohli is on the balcony trying to get the umpires atention pointing at the clouds....

No doctored tracks now Kohli, if you want to win this series earn it,and if you do i'll still think your a disgrace to Test cricket with your behaviour.

Reactions: ESG
Malan needs to stick here for a decent England total or dare i say it,a mini collapse could happen.
Yep could go either way, I'm a fan of Malan but it looks like another day of favourable bowling conditions.
The series has been a lot closer than I anticipated which is a plus against quality opposition.

Love it when posters say 5 day cricket is dead, one of the most absorbing test series in a long while.
Good to see Kohli back in the runs, man is a genius imho and speaks well when interviewed no bull just facts

Amazed how Ashwin cannot get in the team for India, wonder if more than meets the eye with him off field than we are told, would walk into any other team as a spinner

Why don't England play a spinner this time of year on this track?

Root loses another test match and can’t win the series…. disappointing again

Shame Morgan isn't a bit younger,he's not the greatest Test cricketer ever to grace the game but boy he knows how to captain a side on and off the field,just a thought.

Shame Morgan isn't a bit younger,he's not the greatest Test cricketer ever to grace the game but boy he knows how to captain a side on and off the field,just a thought.
Mike Brearley also wasn't in the elite of test batsmen but made up for it in every other area. Yes I know I'm showing my age as I can hear a few saying who?

He was unfortunate that he was trying to break into one of the best batting Line ups we had when he first came through - if he was coming through in this generation of test batsman he’d be a mainstay!

but lucky for our ODI that he did come through when he did

5th test called off due to Chinese flu in the Indian camp.

Initial statement was they forfeit and series drawn. Now unclear as no doubt Kohli is throwing his toys out of the pram again.

Or as Jonathan Agnew is now saying it's an IPL fit up.

Last edited:
I’m gutted about this. It’s been a brilliant series so for it to end like this is really disappointing. I’m surprised no-one in the Indian camp seems to have been jabbed yet. Hope those who are suffering are ok.

Am hearing various stories. Apparently backroom staff have tested positive but not one player and on the back of that they don't feel comfortable playing. Can't help but feel it is to with the IPL. Let the rumours and conspiracies begin.

Am hearing various stories. Apparently backroom staff have tested positive but not one player and on the back of that they don't feel comfortable playing. Can't help but feel it is to with the IPL. Let the rumours and conspiracies begin.

Odds on it revolves around the big up and coming rupee pay day for a lot of them. Very sad day of it is.

Back