• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v Platinum Stars LIVE (3pm)

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
England face their final warm up match against a local S.A. side this afternoon. The Platinum Stars - WIKI

Fabio has hinted he will give the potential starting XI v U.S.A. at least 45 mins each.

The match will have LIVE updates on BBC Sport website and Sky Sports News. Kick off is at 3pm.

Last edited:
News about today's game.

Anyone get the feeling this local side are going to try and make a name for themselves?

I hope everyone is wrapped in cotton wool...

It's going to be a nervous watch.

*looks forward to the next thread about how hard teachers work!*

Like myself, I believe Andy is post op recuperating and so perfectly at liberty to watch tv in the afternoon OR post on SZ as the whim dictates!!! :p

News about today's game.

Anyone get the feeling this local side are going to try and make a name for themselves?

I hope everyone is wrapped in cotton wool...

It's going to be a nervous watch.

I know what you mean, as soon as someone goes down we will all be praying!

Like myself, I believe Andy is post op recuperating and so perfectly at liberty to watch tv in the afternoon OR post on SZ as the whim dictates!!! :p

ahh I wasn't aware.... still, those lessons won't plan themselves...

Are you sure you can watch it on the BBC website? all is says is that a reporter will provide a Twitter update?

It is only available to people in the UK.

"Sport website coverage details: Match video streamed live (UK users only) and live text commentary"

Thank you :)

It's been a week of sofa time now and I am starting to get a little numb bum so anything that livens that up has to be a good thing!

Sounds like they are bricking themselves about overcrowding and crushing. No surprise after THIS at the weekend. There were about 3,000 tickets forged for that game they claim.

The stadium today's game is taking place at is the Moruleng Stadium near Rustenburg. It has a capacity of 20,000 but the F.A. have reduced capacity to 12,000 on safety grounds.

Someone just said this to me on FB:

BBC website can't show it now so it's live on sky sports news apparently

Sounds like they are bricking themselves about overcrowding and crushing. No surprise after THIS at the weekend. There were about 3,000 tickets forged for that game they claim.

The stadium today's game is taking place at is the Moruleng Stadium near Rustenburg. It has a capacity of 20,000 but the F.A. have reduced capacity to 12,000 on safety grounds.

Forged tickets? I read that it was free to enter, so people were rushing to get in.

James Pearce, a Senior Sports writer for the BBC, based at Englands World Cup base reports on his twitter page below:

Good news. I can now confirm that England v Platinum Stars will be streamed live on BBC website. Kick off 1500 BST about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

It may also be shown on Sky Sports news, as the Broadcasters fight it out for the broadcasting rights last minute

It was free but you needed tickets distributed through schools, local gov offices and police I *believe*

Correct.

These tickets were forged up to 3,000 of them and resulted in many injuries at the weekend game between Nigeria and N. Korea.

Hopefully the same will not happen today.

Back