• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Montenegro

Pubey

What would your team be?

Hart

Johnson
Cahill
Jagielka
Baines

Carrick
Gerrard

Wilshere

Welbeck
Rooney
Sturridge

Exactly the same team as Pubey, although if Johnson's still doubtful then I'd have Smalling involved. Walker's terrible. There's no reason whatsoever why Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck shouldn't be selected in the team. Draws are no longer good enough and we're at home to a side with defensive frailties.

Would say we have defensive frailties too with no decent right back, Cole out and a dodgy goalie!

What English right-backs are there playing in the Prem (or better still, a top European league) are there to pick from?

What English right-backs are there playing in the Prem (or better still, a top European league) are there to pick from?

Johnson and Walker are about the only two, with Micah Richards seemingly still in exile. Jenkinson, much improved over the last 18 months, is probably the next cab off the rank, with Sporting's Eric Dier a decent prospect too.

Smalling would be an interesting choice, but I'd consider him to be one of the best prospects we have at centre-half. One of the most naturally competent young defenders I can remember seeing. If it weren't for injuries, he'd be ahead of Evans at United and more than likely both Cahill and Jagielka in the England set-up.

Phil jones as well

Jones I'm unsure of. I've no doubt he could do a job there, but like Smalling I think his best position is centre half. Jones really needs to make up his mind about which position he wants to make his own, as at the moment he's becoming a victim of his own versatility and is caught in limbo.

His best contribution to the English game so far is still, when asked if he ever thought about leaving for Liverpool, his response of "if I wanted to be at a club that didn't win trophies, I'd have stayed at Blackburn."

Just seen Roy on sky and he certainly fails to give me any confidence let alone his own players,By rights we should be comfortably beating these teams yet I feel a nervous draw is in the offing.

Hope I is wrong.

His best contribution to the English game so far is still, when asked if he ever thought about leaving for Liverpool, his response of "if I wanted to be at a club that didn't win trophies, I'd have stayed at Blackburn."

I'd never heard that. Genius.

(Agree about him becoming a victim of his own versatility too)

Would say we have defensive frailties too with no decent right back, Cole out and a dodgy goalie!

Hart is not a dodgy goalie. Yes he has had some poor form recently, but that is only when you compare it to the high standard he has previously set.

I was reading a stat, and in the two seasons previous to last, he made a total of 1 error that led to a goal. Last season he made 5. That is a decline yes, but 5 mistakes by a goalkeeper is pretty normal over the course of the season for any goalkeeper. I agree the game vs Bayern was shocking, but name me a player that has never had a terrible game in their career.

Hart is not a dodgy goalie. Yes he has had some poor form recently, but that is only when you compare it to the high standard he has previously set.

I was reading a stat, and in the two seasons previous to last, he made a total of 1 error that led to a goal. Last season he made 5. That is a decline yes, but 5 mistakes by a goalkeeper is pretty normal over the course of the season for any goalkeeper. I agree the game vs Bayern was shocking, but name me a player that has never had a terrible game in their career.

Joe is making a habit of making errors,Roy Keane said few months back that he thought Hart was getting too big for his boots!

I'm actually quite excited about tonight's game. I guess it's also due to the fact that it's my birthday tomorrow and I'm seeing the Blues for the first time this season at Burton. Been a while since I've been buzzing for an England match. I really hope we start with 3 strikers and go for it. We've actually been quite good at getting out of the blocks quickly and getting an early goal. A quick goal and the crowd behind us and it should be all England.

I'm actually quite excited about tonight's game. I guess it's also due to the fact that it's my birthday tomorrow and I'm seeing the Blues for the first time this season at Burton. Been a while since I've been buzzing for an England match. I really hope we start with 3 strikers and go for it. We've actually been quite good at getting out of the blocks quickly and getting an early goal. A quick goal and the crowd behind us and it should be all England.

Same here, looking forward to the game.

I actually think we'll disappoint the media and MrsBlue by picking up a decent win, my head says 2-0, my heart says 3-0. I think Roy will go with a positive front line as well, playing Rooney, Sturridge and Wellbeck.

Back