• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

Looking at the forecast we should get another 20 minutes of play. Shame we lost those two hours yesterday

End of the day ,whether we win or not, the title is still in our favour

Did say some posts earlier that the weather could decide the title, but would be good to win it in style and not on the back of the poxy rain, however if it means the flag flying over the ground next year, Ill take it

With a small squad, just wonder if winning the title would bring in that missing piece of the jigsaw, to fight on all fronts, we badly need a Keith Boyce or Keith Pont type of player, we rely too much on Ravi and RTD, when we lose quick wickets imho

Browne and Wheater appear to have ramped it up a little. Lead nearly 150

Rain returns. Probably it today. Bat until lunch tomorrow and put on a quick 100+ if possible. Would give us 60 overs to get Somerset out

All done today. Lead of 153.. Bat tomorrow for 25 overs. Get a quick 100-125 if possible. Would give us 65 overs to get Somerset out in again and they would need to chase 253+ to win. 4.01 RR

Lancs heading for victory so avoiding defeat is key here - yes a win would be nice but not at the risk of losing the match.
Too many of our top order out of form, Chopra, Bopara and Wheater near enough the whole season and we can add Lawrence to this list as well. Cook and Westley to come back but what state Westley's head gonna be in is anyone's guess.
Going to be a tight run in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us bat until lunch and then declare. Another 150 should be enough. 60 overs to get them out, not impossible..

I discovered yesterday that there is a live stream linked to the radio commentary so you can watch everything live. I wish I'd known about that on Monday!
Luckily, my CEO is also an Essex cricket lover and, after I told him that, we arranged that he'd chair my disciplinary for watching the cricket instead of working. Job done.

We have an absolutely paper thin squad that has been nearly broken by this season. With all due respect to Walter we have 2 seamers at the club, one is off very soon to be replaced by a guy who gives his all but took his wickets at 40.

I think the only players on our books available but not playing in this game are Zaidi, Callum Taylor, Aaron Beard, Matt Dixon and Sam Cook.
Maybe we should try to produce some proper turning tracks and play Zaidi instead of Walter?

Anyway, I think it would be an amazing achivement if we pull it off. I'd love it if we won, love it etc. etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us bat until lunch and then declare. Another 150 should be enough. 60 overs to get them out, not impossible..

I was just about to post "I doubt it, we are forecasting it to be ****ing down with rain from 12 noon onward's until 7pm".

Then I refreshed the web page as an after thought, & i checked the weather on the bbc yet again. guess what, it looks good all day long!. Seriously, what do the met office do? consult Mystic Meg for the weather predictions?

Anyway, back on topic, I hope we don't bat to achieve another 150 runs (a 358 advantage is way more than enough than we need). I would say around a 275 run advantage would be enough on the final day.

I discovered yesterday that there is a live stream linked to the radio commentary so you can watch everything live. I wish I'd known about that on Monday!

Where is it being streamed 'Bearded'?

I might pop over later today for the last session, if it's going to the wire. :thumbsup:

196/4 - a lead of 191. Minimum of 87 overs left in the day.

I reckon we'll be looking to leave them something in the region of 280 off 70 overs

Lost two key wickets just before lunch. Min. 66.5 overs left. Quick 10 over burst for 50 runs then declare..

Back