• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2012

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Okay okay so its a little early yet but i've been looking at flights for our game in the land of tulips

The game is on Tuesday 29th May, so it could be a case of still being canned from the play off final which is the Sunday

Depending on interest i'd be looking at getting the 16:10 flight out on the Monday and the 18:40 one back on Wednesday but the early Tuesday flight still gets you there in time for the match and will save the cost of an extra night in the original sin city

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Booking.mvc

Scott Styris has signed a deal to play for Sussex in this years T20 .. i felt he gave excellent service to the county these past 2 years and so am disappointed we've either not tried to retain him or that he felt he needed to move

Okay okay so its a little early yet but i've been looking at flights for our game in the land of tulips

The game is on Tuesday 29th May, so it could be a case of still being canned from the play off final which is the Sunday

Depending on interest i'd be looking at getting the 16:10 flight out on the Monday and the 18:40 one back on Wednesday but the early Tuesday flight still gets you there in time for the match and will save the cost of an extra night in the original sin city

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Booking.mvc

Lee, I'll have a chat with my office in Cloggieland and see if they can sort us out a deal for hotels.

Essex have confirmed the siging of Peter Siddle for this years T20. We also signed Alvaro Petersen for the 1st half of the Championship. Think we're still looking for the 2nd half of the Championship...

Siddle would make an excellent county cricketer, unfortunately CA policy of not letting them play too much means its unlikely to happen

An annoying last wicket stand of 40 only delays the inevitable ...

Essex 364 beat Gloucs 180 & 146 by an Innings and 38 runs

An assured century from Billy Godleman laid the foundations and before the pace of Napier and guile of Masters (6 wkts each) mopped up .. 3 for Chambers and 4 for Mills in the match too, and its the emergence of these 2 to support the more heralded names that will be key to a promotion tilt this time around

When you consider the side that won so convincingly here didn't include Cook*, Bopara*, Craddock, Phillips, ten Doeschate, Shah, Walker, Willoughby, Mickleburgh or Topley then surely surely surely we are going to feature in the shake up this season

* = obviously i doubt we'll see much of these two, certainly in the 4 day game anyway

An annoying last wicket stand of 40 only delays the inevitable ...

Essex 364 beat Gloucs 180 & 146 by an Innings and 38 runs

An assured century from Billy Godleman laid the foundations and before the pace of Napier and guile of Masters (6 wkts each) mopped up .. 3 for Chambers and 4 for Mills in the match too, and its the emergence of these 2 to support the more heralded names that will be key to a promotion tilt this time around

When you consider the side that won so convincingly here didn't include Cook*, Bopara*, Craddock, Phillips, ten Doeschate, Shah, Walker, Willoughby, Mickleburgh or Topley then surely surely surely we are going to feature in the shake up this season

* = obviously i doubt we'll see much of these two, certainly in the 4 day game anyway

We won't see much of RtD or Shah until May because of their involvement in the IPL. Also isn't MtS now the batting coach? And I think Willoughby will be used in the T20 & CB40 rather than the Championship.

I hope Chambers can stay fit for a season, and with Phillips & Craddock to come in to the side at some point there seems to be a good balance to the team.

Glad to see Essex win again - the trouble is that they are like our beloved SUFC - you are never quite sure what is going to happen !

Great win for Essex.

Nice to see Godleman get off with a ton. I know the coaches rate him and feel he hasn't shown his true ability in the Essex colours yet. May I also add that this is a huge year for Tom Westley.

Really encouraging start for Godleman. A big summer could even push him into the reckoning for replacing Strauss (as opener, obviously Cook would replace Strauss as captain).

I'd really like to see Westley come good this summer as well. A top order bat, useful part-time spinner and a slipper he'd tick a lot of boxes.

Am loving the look of that pace attack. With Willoughby and Topley to come in, we can hopefully rotate and keep them fresh because Mills, Napier and Chambers must be easily the quickest pace trio in either division. Whereas K*nt must have the slowest with Davies, Shreck and Darren bloody Stevens.

Good looking strength in depth when you could field a parallel team of:

Cook
Mickleburgh
Shah
Bopara
Walker
RtD
Foakes
Siddle
Craddock
Willoughby
Topley

Coomber (12th man)

According to the Standard tonight Ravi will be available this week although he still can't bowl owing to the side strain he sustained in trying to drink Yorkie Blue under the table in Galle. Cook will be available next week for 3 (I think) Championship matches and a couple of CB40 matches.

Really encouraging start for Godleman. A big summer could even push him into the reckoning for replacing Strauss (as opener, obviously Cook would replace Strauss as captain).

I'd really like to see Westley come good this summer as well. A top order bat, useful part-time spinner and a slipper he'd tick a lot of boxes.

Am loving the look of that pace attack. With Willoughby and Topley to come in, we can hopefully rotate and keep them fresh because Mills, Napier and Chambers must be easily the quickest pace trio in either division. Whereas K*nt must have the slowest with Davies, Shreck and Darren bloody Stevens.

Good looking strength in depth when you could field a parallel team of:

Cook
Mickleburgh
Shah
Bopara
Walker
RtD
Foakes
Siddle
Craddock
Willoughby
Topley

Coomber (12th man)

Agree with the speed attack. Napier has serious heat still even at 32 and is skiddy. That is a great alternative line up. Essex Essex!

Godleman for England.... Steady on!

FFS, why are we playing Tim ****ing Phillips in a 3 day game at Headingley in April?

What's happened to Charl Willoughby?

Back