• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2021

Ricky Otto

President⭐
Was out on a bike ride yesterday evening and bumped into Sir Alistair on a very fast paced run through admirals park. Noticed on social media posts that he came top of the fitness test in pre season as well. Great at his age, does ask a question regarding the fitness of the rest of the team though, I have noticed how terrible we are are at fielding when it comes to the t20 game

Was out on a bike ride yesterday evening and bumped into Sir Alistair on a very fast paced run through admirals park. Noticed on social media posts that he came top of the fitness test in pre season as well. Great at his age, does ask a question regarding the fitness of the rest of the team though, I have noticed how terrible we are are at fielding when it comes to the t20 game

Cook's about eight years younger than Tendo! He'll have lost top end speed and explosion but not endurance. It also helps that he's been almost injury free throughout his career. The tread on him is mental more than physical, particularly with the burden of the England captaincy - had he broken into the international team at 27 like Strauss he'd still be playing international cricket IMO.

I don't see many natural athletes in the Essex side, although I wouldn't have thought Cook was one either and he bosses that beep test.

Cook's about eight years younger than Tendo! He'll have lost top end speed and explosion but not endurance. It also helps that he's been almost injury free throughout his career. The tread on him is mental more than physical, particularly with the burden of the England captaincy - had he broken into the international team at 27 like Strauss he'd still be playing international cricket IMO.

I don't see many natural athletes in the Essex side, although I wouldn't have thought Cook was one either and he bosses that beep test.

Good to see Sir Alistair is still keen especially after those early mornings on Channel 4.

Looking forward to the new season after the depression of the football.

For the record our last natural athlete was Jesse Ryder:Smile:

4 years younger, Cook 36 and RTD 40.

On one of the ifollow games recently somebody from Essex was on pre match because of the BBC Essex commentary, I didn't catch who it was but didn't sound like Irani. Anyway, whoever it was was saying that there is a hopefully a big name t20 player being announced soon. Hopefully somebody that can bowl and field

Good to see Sir Alistair is still keen especially after those early mornings on Channel 4.

Looking forward to the new season after the depression of the football.

For the record our last natural athlete was Jesse Ryder:Smile:

What a guy Jesse was, he used to go to the same turkish barbers as me in moulsham st. Had a couple of chats with him.

I actually don't think he was our worst fielder ever, Danish was terrible

Reactions: ESG
Danish and dear old Gladys.

Although Rahkeem Cornwall is in a different league to everyone else.

Great to hear Cooky was out yesterday evening as was the 1st day of the first friendly yesterday. Putting in the extra yards!

4 years younger, Cook 36 and RTD 40.

On one of the ifollow games recently somebody from Essex was on pre match because of the BBC Essex commentary, I didn't catch who it was but didn't sound like Irani. Anyway, whoever it was was saying that there is a hopefully a big name t20 player being announced soon. Hopefully somebody that can bowl and field

Mate just messaged me and thinks it is Jimmy Neesham, which is a bit underwhelming. Still he will certainly improve us so not bad, just was expecting more going from the interview

Completely underwhelming if it is Neesham. Still, an extra power hitter is handy. His bowling less so.

I spent all winter tweeting the club to sign Finn Allen from New Zealand, an up and coming superstar. He's joined Lancashire. A shame as he would have made serious runs at Chelmsford.

I think Neesham is a good signing, personally.

Held his nerve in the World Cup Final.

Can hit a long ball and is a good bowling option.

First day of the championship season and I've just read the new format. So the top two in each group go into a group of six and ultimately play the big Bob final.
Looks like just a load of dead rubbers for the rest from July and white ball takes centre stage.

First day of the championship season and I've just read the new format. So the top two in each group go into a group of six and ultimately play the big Bob final.
Looks like just a load of dead rubbers for the rest from July and white ball takes centre stage.

Yes, the format is rubbish but at least we have cricket.

Essex batting and Nick Browne with the first boundary of the season. A debut for Ben Allison.

Reactions: ESG
Yep top 2 go into Division 1 and the winner gets the county championship. The top 2 play for the BW trophy. So defending 2 trophies, fingers crossed for more silverware

Day One Bad Light Stops play

Essex won toss and elected to bat

Essex close of play

207 for 3

Browne 26
Cook 15
Westley 84 Not Out
Lawrence 46
Walter 26 Not Out

Great to watch it on the free Essex live stream, so not a bad day. :Clap:

Back