• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2023

20 20 season tickets on sale to members from this Thursday. £88 for Essex Eagles area is good value

Can anyone tell me the point of signing Doug Bracewell??

Obviously I cannot see it but happy to be enlightened.

Great game in progress at HQ. One time England opener Mark Stoneman bags "a pair", Middlesex close on 77 for 5 (requiring a further 231 runs to win).

Went yesterday decent Essex following , weather perfect , Porter/ Cook unplayable first spell at 4-4 and first 4 Middlesex batsmen all getting nought, never seen that before

There will be tougher games ahead than against Middlesex who, despite stiff competition, remain one of the more dysfunctional counties but you can only beat what is in front of you and Essex did just that.

Great to see Dan Lawrence back in the runs and Jamie Porter back in the wickets. Porter is so good at making batters play when they are new to the crease. I’d like to see another batter in the side though as we look a little light on runs. Paul Walter can consider himself very unfortunate to be dropped. A lot rests on Dan Lawrence in that middle order.

Lancashire will be a tough test but if we can get early wickets - and with Cook and Porter there’s every chance - we’ll be competitive.

This team is crying out for an overseas middle order bat and we signed Sutherland/Bracewell. I can't really work it out either. It seems like we wanted a seamer who can bat 7, but Bracewell is a place too high at 7 (as is Harmer). Maybe the thinking is Harmer/Bracewell/Snater 7-8-9 does the job of normal 7-8.

I wonder if our preferences were Colin de Grandhomme and Daryl Mitchell who both fit the brief better but have both signed for Lancashire. Other than that, players like this tend to be at IPL or elsewhere (e.g. Mulder at Leics).

This team is crying out for an overseas middle order bat and we signed Sutherland/Bracewell. I can't really work it out either. It seems like we wanted a seamer who can bat 7, but Bracewell is a place too high at 7 (as is Harmer). Maybe the thinking is Harmer/Bracewell/Snater 7-8-9 does the job of normal 7-8.

I wonder if our preferences were Colin de Grandhomme and Daryl Mitchell who both fit the brief better but have both signed for Lancashire. Other than that, players like this tend to be at IPL or elsewhere (e.g. Mulder at Leics).

Personally I don't think we need to waste money on a another overseas player at all. We have Paul Walter who could bat five and bowl his left arm seam allowing Critchley to move to six etc.

I’d have taken Grant Roelefsen (sp?) back. Thought he looked decent in the RLODC. Might have had him keep over Rossington too.

For next year I’d be considering an overseas opener.

Back