• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2023

Reckon that is the championship chances gone now, not much room for error if you are going to win it.
Not long until the t20 starts

First T20 Vitality Blast (Chelmsford)

Gloucestershire 195-7 (20 Overs)

Essex 196-7 Won with 5 balls to spare

Shame about the live stream not working at start and during match.

FxZqPS_WIAAktbC.jpg

Went tonight A good way to start our 20 20 campaign.The scoreboard not working for the first half of Gloucestershires innings wasn't ideal

Thought we were a bit short at end of our innings. But a great bowling display!

Good win for Essex in county championship.Always nice to beat Somerset.I did day 2 and was funny seeing Overton smashing his bat down after his dismissal

For a team that has such practice, Somerset are remarkably sore losers.

My MoM Critchley. He’s quietly - that was his first ton - having a good season and establishing himself as a key figure in the side. That’s important for the development of the side. We need to bring on the next generation and part of that is not just the 21 year olds becoming first team players but the 26 year olds becoming cornerstones.

I think we may have decisions to make at keeper and opener. I’d also like to see Khushi and Walter given more of a run in the side. I felt Walter was very unfortunate not to start the season in the side, particularly when we were looking short on batting.

thoughts on Lawrence leaving? It's a shame, but he doesn't seem to have kicked on in the way I hoped. Not helped by playing on some absolute pudding pitches

thoughts on Lawrence leaving? It's a shame, but he doesn't seem to have kicked on in the way I hoped. Not helped by playing on some absolute pudding pitches
Massive shame.

He hasn’t fulfilled his immense talent yet but he also hasn’t reached his prime. It feels like we’ve put in all that investment but he’s left before the pay-off.

Apparently we offered more than Surrey so wonder if the pitch was the decisive factor?

Hopefully he fulfills his potential and so is playing for England rather than Surrey anyway.

Massive shame.

He hasn’t fulfilled his immense talent yet but he also hasn’t reached his prime. It feels like we’ve put in all that investment but he’s left before the pay-off.

Apparently we offered more than Surrey so wonder if the pitch was the decisive factor?

Hopefully he fulfills his potential and so is playing for England rather than Surrey anyway.
It might be another Topley situation where England have suggested the move for the good of his development and England career?

Another good win for us in the 2020.We scored a very impressive 237.Im on my way home always good to visit Lords

Back