• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Cricket 2023

Not the best start first thing here at Chelmsford Kushi and Cook out quickly but Westley and Lawrence put on 60 runs to take us to 79/2

Wonder if Dan will flourish at Surrey next season

Cannot blame him, bigger ground, squad incredible and I suppose will keep him selectors eyes more as Surrey are the Man City of cricket for the time being

Wonder if Dan will flourish at Surrey next season

Cannot blame him, bigger ground, squad incredible and I suppose will keep him selectors eyes more as Surrey are the Man City of cricket for the time being
Better pitch too.

His form has improved since announcing the move. I wonder to what extent that was playing on his mind.

The only reason I’m not overly upset about his departure is because he should spend the majority of his time now on England duty so may not play that much for them.

Can’t see us catching Surrey but an excellent win against probably the second best side in the division (although we caught a break with them missing Sam Hain, who’s been the best batsman in the Championship this season).

The team to look for though in that battle for second is Lancs. They’re better than their lowly position in the table suggests (7th!) and could surge up the table. They have games in hand and a very soft schedule to finish the season with. I’m always reluctant to tip them though because their weather may negate things.

Not sure how that went down to the final ball but Essex triumph and we’re left waiting for a K*nt defeat.

Never good to be relying on Somerset though.

What a way to win Yorkie. Great afternoon at the Oval and to win with a six. Plenty of Shrimpers in attendance including many fellow BOT members!!

As if the Southend United situation wasn't stressful enough! Essex's qualification for the Quarter Finals of the T20 Blast has created its own level of pain and stress.

Spirit of cricket lol how they letting bowler take out batsmen like that, glad he was hurt

Stupid from Lawrence tho, he should of played safe and seen it home

Commentary so one sided aswell

Back