• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

we have a very good club house, parking is a female dog though so get there early

Grew up in Hullbridge, my mum is still there and I am in Hullbridge most weeks so I will park at my mums :winking: .I Played for Hullbridge Sports up to to the age of 16, but in the park by the river before the new ground was built . The new site opened just as I stopped playing , my dad helped build the site, just as dozens of other dads did back then. Hope Hullbridge do well. My sons current side is due to move to Hullbridge next year to play in the Alliance youth league, I always hoped he would play for Hullbridge to follow in my footsteps (although he is much better than me :blush:).

Grew up in Hullbridge, my mum is still there and I am in Hullbridge most weeks so I will park at my mums :winking: .I Played for Hullbridge Sports up to to the age of 16, but in the park by the river before the new ground was built . The new site opened just as I stopped playing , my dad helped build the site, just as dozens of other dads did back then. Hope Hullbridge do well. My sons current side is due to move to Hullbridge next year to play in the Alliance youth league, I always hoped he would play for Hullbridge to follow in my footsteps (although he is much better than me :blush:).

Still ain't a hockley lad though are you

I played that night against Blackburn all them years ago, official attendance was 900 but there was plenty more who escaped the turnstiles and/or were not declared :winking:

Nice clubhouse and nice people, but should be a routine win for the Blues!!!
I remember you coming on as a sub!

You are showing your age now!lol

hullbridge are my old club and they will love this draw, might have to get mearse over for this one, brings back old times when i played for hullbridge in the FA cup years ago under the manager then southend old boy andy dixon.
Was you scoring goals at the time?

Was you scoring goals at the time?
no didnt get many goals, i was in the side to win headers get me tackles in and rough up the opposition midfield and upset em so we could play, got a few sending offs along the way for it:smile:

Top draw. First time I can actually walk to a Blues game from my gaff. Good clubhouse facilities.

Game will be played 27th November as Southend didnt get knocked out the FA Cup, if Southend did it would have been played 1st December

Should be a good night for Hullbridge. I played for Hullbridge for years and helped build the clubhouse etc, played in their first senior league game v Stansted. Have always struggled for money so it should be a good earner for them. Funny enough was down there Friday night to see Dr Feelgood, great gig!!!! My loyalties will however be with the super blues

Game will be played 27th November as Southend didnt get knocked out the FA Cup, if Southend did it would have been played 1st December
Are you sure Simac 21?As far as I know SUFC secretary hasn't still replied to the 27th November date given by Hullbridge.
Better give Helen D a bell if I was you.:unsure:

Should be a good night for Hullbridge. I played for Hullbridge for years and helped build the clubhouse etc, played in their first senior league game v Stansted. Have always struggled for money so it should be a good earner for them. Funny enough was down there Friday night to see Dr Feelgood, great gig!!!! My loyalties will however be with the super blues[/QUOTE

Once a Bridge Boy always a Bridge Boy!

I remember seeing Southend play a pre-season friendly there in the early 90s. Fry was in charge. IIRC we won 11-0 the day before we beat Southend Manor 12-0.

I remember seeing Southend play a pre-season friendly there in the early 90s. Fry was in charge. IIRC we won 11-0 the day before we beat Southend Manor 12-0.
Was Peter Taylor in charge?I managed to get the match programme from a Westcliff collector a couple of years ago.

Back