• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex v Yorkshire - FP Trophy - Chelmsford, Saturday 5th July.

Forecast has improved for this evening now! Anyone know where the ticket office is at the FCG as I have to pick my tickets up and I have never done that before.

Ta.

Sky only show Lancashire Championship matches too, which is annoying.

Weather's warming up now, so should be alright in 5 hours time I'd have thought.

I can't tell you how happy my wife is that cricket is going to be on the telly for three hours tonight.

I took Mrs BB to the game on Saturday (she's a big fan of Hoggy), she loved it, and is actually up for watching tonight's game as well. :)

I took Mrs BB to the game on Saturday (she's a big fan of Hoggy), she loved it, and is actually up for watching tonight's game as well. :)

To be fair, Jen's been to a Twenty20 game with me before and quite enjoyed it. Plus she had a lucky escape yesterday - had it not been pelting down with rain I'd have dragged her to Uxbridge for the Saffers tour match!

Mrs BB's actually quite knowledgeable about the game now, but she does like to ask the odd question or 50. Took a while to explain to her quite why Foster so enjoyed the stumping of Bresnan on Saturday.

Took a while to explain to her quite why Foster so enjoyed the stumping of Bresnan on Saturday.

She was probably baffled as it was Pyrah who got stumped! Quality send off from Foster though teach them not to be so cheeky next time

Ex-Trust Treasurer Bloke - normally you pick up tickets at the shed just before you enter (next to the club shop) on match days.

Apparently there has only been a shower this morning at the ground upto 4.30 so fingers crossed. There is a reserve day for tomorrow if needed

stickyboy said:
She was probably baffled as it was Pyrah who got stumped! Quality send off from Foster though teach them not to be so cheeky next time
Knew it was one of the bowlers, and knew it wasn't Hoggy, Gough, Rana or Rashid. Couldn't remember the 6th one :) Very impressed with Foster (again), his catch to get rid of Rashid was exceptional. Just a shame he can't put a decent run of innings together.

Durham v Yorkshire postponed because of a young player, Azeem Rafiq, having participated against Notts. His paperwork was not sorted out properly. What a shambles. Get to watch Essex game in full now though :)

Ex-Trust Treasurer Bloke - normally you pick up tickets at the shed just before you enter (next to the club shop) on match days.

Apparently there has only been a shower this morning at the ground upto 4.30 so fingers crossed. There is a reserve day for tomorrow if needed

Sadly I can confirm that it is now lashing it down in chelmsford....absolutely chucking it down. Cant them them starting on time!

Sadly I can confirm that it is now lashing it down in chelmsford....absolutely chucking it down. Cant them them starting on time!

We had that an hour ago in Southend and it's not rained since, so we may be lucky.

best we can hope that there is a wash out up there, or one of the teams is dismissed for about 50 in order to see all of our match

hahaha ... i was going to add earlier "some other act of God" but somehow it didn't seem relevant ... oh the joy of hindsight !!!!!

on a different level i didnt realise there was / is a reserve day set aside for the quarters, but how the hell can that work ?? we bat for 6.2 overs later before the weather closes in again, so we have to come back tomorrow to complete our innings ?? Its fair enough during a 50 overs match when there is time to build an innings, but during T20 when its virtually tee off time from ball one ??

Sky are currently showing the highlights of our match vs Sussex again ... i don't think i'll ever tire of watching this

Yep, well done to Liam .. and well done to Boje for calling wrong ;) :clap:

C'mon Essex .. lets post 180 > 200 and get to The Rose Bowl

I want to have Napier's babies.

Spot on decision to save him till the end and im not just saying that now!! Thought Ravi was superb early doors. Not sure what the point of Dexter is. Why is he there. Someone like Chopra would be better from what i've seen/heard.

Just started raining, though. ****ed it down in Shoebury and i think Chelmo has missed quite a bit of the rain we've had today!

Kev

Back