• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex v Yorkshire - FP Trophy - Chelmsford, Saturday 5th July.

Going to be a tough call for MoM!

11-4 :)

Napier 3-1 :D

Well we have 8 bowlers to choose from, so maybe each bowler will have 2 overs each! :D

Em.

Cracking game this evening. Bopara and Napier were awesome.

When is finals day?

Awesome stuff from Essex.

I'd rather our success wasn't at the expense of our four-day team, but that aside I thought our performance tonight was outstanding.

Essex might not have the talent of the England team but they know their game plan and perform their roles superbly. Someone should really send a tape/DVD of that game to Peter Moores for how to structure a one-day innings. I couldn't believe how ignorant the commentators were and it is idiots like Nick Knight who have held English cricket back years. Nasser might have been a bit slow on the up-take but at least he realised the thinking behind having Foster and Flower facing the spinners. Those two were the heroes of that Essex display, negating the Northants dangermen whilst still scoring at a decent tick, creating the platform for Napier to exploit at the end. Flower and Foster might have hardly hit a boundary but their running between the wickets was top draw and showed that you don't have to pepper the boundary boards to score quickly in one-day cricket. Essex got those tactics spot on, utilising a flexible batting order to make the most of their resources available. I hope Moores was watching and learning.

With 190+ on the board Essex had, barring disaster, as good as already won and Napes and Masters bowled well keeping it tight and controlling the swing. It would be churlish to complain about Essex losing their intensity once Northants were 5 or 6 down and their fielding with a slippery ball, but otherwise it was a near perfect one-day performance.

Flower and Foster might have hardly hit a boundary but their running between the wickets was top draw and showed that you don't have to pepper the boundary boards to score quickly in one-day cricket.
There was one over where I think they hit four 2's. When Northants were making similar shots in their innings they rarely got more than a single, their running was awesome though outside of one dropped catch and some overthrows the fielding was also very sharp today. It didn't matter today but those few runs here and there could make a big difference on finals day.

Totally agree with YB. I'm a big fan of the four day game and as good as the one day success is i would love to see Essex doing better in the CC.

I also agree on the feeling that once we had 190+ we had the game won. would loved to have seen them go for a lot less than they did at 3-3 i thought 25ao was likely.

Happy Days and the last couple of games have shown what a class one day side we are.

Essex have got to be a decent bet to win this tournament now.

As a fan of a rival county I've been impressed with Essex's all round displays in the competition. A well balanced batting line up, very good keeper in Foster (why he is constantly overlooked by England is a mystery to me) and a bowling attack that constantly frustraits oppo batsmen.

Resembles the Surrey side of few years back, oh how those glory days have gone now :'(

Resembles the Surrey side of few years back, oh how those glory days have gone now :'(

Have to admit its absolutely great to see Surrey in the state they are in. Bottom in the CC, virtually finished bottom in both the FPT & 20/20 groups too!! And Essex in 2 finals...Happy Days

Have to admit its absolutely great to see Surrey in the state they are in. Bottom in the CC, virtually finished bottom in both the FPT & 20/20 groups too!! And Essex in 2 finals...Happy Days

TBH i'd rather see Kent in that sort of predicament

What sort of backwards ticketing policy is this from Essex?

Out of County Members ā€“ telephone applications on 14th July only

Members living outside of the following postcodes will be able to apply for Twenty20 Cup Finals Day tickets by telephoning 01245 254047 between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm only.

County postcodes are classed as ā€“ CM, CO, RM and SS.

Applications will be restricted to a total of 2 tickets per Member and the tickets will be posted later in the week. A proportionate number of tickets has been allocated for out of county Members and these will be sold on a first come first served basis.

Members purchasing opportunities
Tickets will be available to purchase in person in the Pavilion Marquee for Members Only from 10.00am to 4.00pm on Tuesday 15th July and from the Members Restaurant Marquee from 10.00am to 4.00pm on Thursday 17th July.

There will be a limit of 2 tickets per member. The membership card must be produced when purchasing tickets and the Twenty20 Cup Finals Day voucher, included in the membership booklet, must be completed in full in advance. It is not necessary for the purchaser to be the membership card holder. Another representative may purchase tickets on the membersā€™ behalf provided that the membership card and completed voucher are presented on application.

PLEASE NOTE THAT TELEPHONE AND INTERNET SALES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE

And tickets are priced at Ā£49 each. How do they expect people not from Chelmsford to get to the ground during work hours?! Stupid ****ing system.

Turns out the same system is in place for the FTP final too. Is this Essex CCC or Chelmsford CC?

Last edited:
What sort of backwards ticketing policy is this from Essex?

And tickets are priced at Ā£49 each. How do they expect people not from Chelmsford to get to the ground during work hours?! Stupid ****ing system.

Turns out the same system is in place for the FTP final too. Is this Essex CCC or Chelmsford CC?

Has been a few complains on Essex MB about time to get them.

You do get 3 games (hopefully 2 of them Essex!) though.

Been told there was only 1500 for each time so not sure how true that is

Has been a few complains on Essex MB about time to get them.

You do get 3 games (hopefully 2 of them Essex!) though.

Been told there was only 1500 for each time so not sure how true that is

I won't be going to finals day despite being a member because of the ticketing policy - I just can't get down there, and 3 of us want to go anyway.

Never mind.

i doubt i'll get to finals day as well which is a shame because monday night was superb and i'm also a member. will be at lords tho which can't be beat.

On the 20/20 theme, did anyone watch the Middlesex game last night. Good match which went down to the last over. Malan for Middlesex played a very classy innings. However, what I couldnt work out is that he had a very South Afican twang, and his father was born and played First Class Cricket in South Africa, but he was born in England. Anyone know where his international allegiances are? Not going to get worked up over one good knock, but at 20 he has made a decent start to his career, averaging almost 40.

On the 20/20 theme, did anyone watch the Middlesex game last night. Good match which went down to the last over. Malan for Middlesex played a very classy innings. However, what I couldnt work out is that he had a very South Afican twang, and his father was born and played First Class Cricket in South Africa, but he was born in England. Anyone know where his international allegiances are? Not going to get worked up over one good knock, but at 20 he has made a decent start to his career, averaging almost 40.

I did watch the game last night and as you say it was good knock.

How horrid is Middlesex's kit?

Back