• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex vs. Durham

Is the RK Illingworth who is umpiring this game the same one who played several Test matches for England in the mid-1990s?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Aug. 03 2005,16:20)]Is the RK Illingworth who is umpiring this game the same one who played several Test matches for England in the mid-1990s?
Yes he is, recently joined the umpires list i think.

Blimey... I hope this isn't another Southend horror-pitch, which has somehow been transported from Southchurch Park to Garons...

oops.gif

There was an ECB investigation into the wicket at Southend recently, IIRC, when 17 wickets fell in a day. Hope nothing like that happens today...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 03 2005,16:38)]Blimey... I hope this isn't another Southend horror-pitch, which has somehow been transported from Southchurch Park to Garons...

oops.gif

There was an ECB investigation into the wicket at Southend recently, IIRC, when 17 wickets fell in a day.  Hope nothing like that happens today...

Matt
I was thinking that myself, particularly as this is the first time Garons has been used for first class cricket.

Fingers crossed that it may be more to do with atmospheric conditions rather than a dodgy pitch. Durham were bowled out cheaply in the first innings of their last match.

I remember when Essex were docked 25 points some years ago for a dodgy pitch at Southchurch and it hand Worcester the title.

54/2, G Flower and Bopara out. Cook and A Flower in but seem to be playing very cautiously if their run rates are anything to go by!

Can't see this going past 3 days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 03 2005,17:21)]54/2 already. Can't see this going to day 4 ...

I will be there tomorrow probably.
Hmmm, that'll teach me to get distracted between starting and finishing my post!

From the BBC website:

Despite the clatter of wickets, pitches liaison officer Tony Pigott, who was in attendance, confirmed the pitch would not be referred to Lord's.

*phewww*

Blimey. More wickets tumbled... Essex finished on 245 all out, thanks largely to a superb knock by Ali Cook (107) with a whirlwind innings from Graham Napier - 51 off 51!

Essex lead by 49 at lunch on Day two...

wow.gif

Another good knock from Ali Cook he really does look a prospect in the making.

How the heck Collingwood can be allowed to play is beyond me, he was released from the England squad and can now turn up and play to the expense of another Durham player. I know this rule has been in place for a while, but what a dogs breakfast. If a match has started then they either have played with 10 men to accomodate him later or the 11 that started is the 11 that finishes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Aug. 04 2005,13:35)]Another good knock from Ali Cook he really does look a prospect in the making.

How the heck Collingwood can be allowed to play is beyond me, he was released from the England squad and can now turn up and play to the expense of another Durham player. I know this rule has been in place for a while, but what a dogs breakfast. If a match has started then they either have played with 10 men to accomodate him later or the 11 that started is the 11 that finishes.
I'm sure he would rather be in Southend than at Edgbaston anyway.

Back