• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euro 2016 qualifiers

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Germany picking up one point in six from games with Ireland and Poland.

Northern Ireland winning three out of three.

Scotland and Wales giving it a good go.

Spain getting gubbed by Slovakia.

Netherlands losing in Iceland.

All told, I think this qualifying process, which promised so little, probably deserves its own thread!

Last edited:
Germany picking up one point in six from games with Ireland and Poland.

Northern Ireland winning three out of three.

Scotland and Wales giving it a good go.

Spain getting gubbed by Slovakia.

Netherlands losing in Iceland.

All told, I think this qualifying process, which promised so little, probably deserves its own thread!

But not doing much for my nailed on accumulators.

And the German manager, Lowe, stating his players are tired, injured etc.
Where have we heard that before?
It is early days but I hope the surprises continue.
I am sure most of the "established" nations will get to France 2016 but it would be great for a few Home Nations and Eire to make it through.

Games being abandoned because of a drone!!

Not quite! The flag of "Greater Albania" was the real nuclear explosion to the Serbs.
No surprise really if you know anything of the history of Kosovo and the Balkans/Serbia over the last 600 years.
If you go to Belgrade all the bombed (by NATO) sites will be pointed out to you by all and sundry; plus the murdered warlord and football club owner Arkan lived opposite the Red Star Stadium until he was killed.
VERY sensitive stuff.
I am amazed that the two counties were not segregated in the draw for Euros; it is similar to Israel playing Iran in Tehran and a drone and a banner advertising "Satanic Verses".

Last edited:
Not quite! The flag of "Greater Albania" was the real nuclear explosion to the Serbs.
No surprise really if you know anything of the history of Kosovo and the Balkans/Serbia over the last 600 years.
If you go to Belgrade all the bombed (by NATO) sites will be pointed out to you by all and sundry; plus the murdered warlord and football club owner Arkan lived opposite the Red Star Stadium until he was killed.
VERY sensitive stuff.
I am amazed that the two counties were not segregated in the draw for Euros; it is similar to Israel playing Iran in Tehran and a drone and a banner advertising "Satanic Rights".

That was slightly tongue in cheek!

Tbh I had no idea about the history between Albania and Serbia, has to be some of the craziest **** I've seen go down at a football game.

"Given Serbia’s poor record on crowd control and racism, if the charges are proved, they can be expected to have to play several games behind closed doors, starting with next month’s qualifier against Denmark."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/15/albania-charged-uefa-serbia

"Both sides have been given seven days to plead their case, with Uefa’s disciplinary committee due to rule on 23 October on sanctions, whether the game should be replayed and how the points should be apportioned if not."

Could get interesting.

I've got a couple of bets waiting on a Serbia win. Hope they replay it.

I think neither deserve any points from that game.Both seem at fault from reading papers,Was wrong off the fool to release the drone and wrong on the part of the other party to do what they did

This campaign continues to be more interesting than many expected (self included).

Wales and Northern Ireland both looking good to qualify, great three-way race in the Ireland/Scotland/Poland group, Netherlands making a proper hash of things and Gibraltar finally getting on the scoresheet!

This campaign continues to be more interesting than many expected (self included).

Wales and Northern Ireland both looking good to qualify, great three-way race in the Ireland/Scotland/Poland group, Netherlands making a proper hash of things and Gibraltar finally getting on the scoresheet!

At what point do we have to accept that Germany are in that race as well?

I think they'll end up topping the group but it wouldn't surprise me to see them drop points to Poland again and maybe even Scotland.

At what point do we have to accept that Germany are in that race as well?

I think they'll end up topping the group but it wouldn't surprise me to see them drop points to Poland again and maybe even Scotland.

Fair shout. I do think Germany will kick on and win the group but maybe there will be a few more bumps along the road for them. I've only watched their game v Gib, but from what I read they've not really been firing this campaign.

Hats off to Wales, one foot in Euro 2016 now.

Also, that win means they will be in Pot One for the World Cup 2018 qualifiers!

Can't quite believe we're playing Jones at right back despite having Clyne on the bench. The bloke is utter toilet at centre back, let alone right back. The fact that Jones and Smalling are anywhere near the England squad is worrying for the future. We must have better, surely?

Can't quite believe we're playing Jones at right back despite having Clyne on the bench. The bloke is utter toilet at centre back, let alone right back. The fact that Jones and Smalling are anywhere near the England squad is worrying for the future. We must have better, surely?

Putting together a much better back 4 would seem to be a huge priority before England start playing matches in France next summer.

our defence is a joke and not getting better..would we have beaten "the sprouts"???No i doubt it,but im sure we would have found some excuse

We won... That's all that matters.

We don't have better defenders so the only way we can stop conceding is to stick men behind the ball and play on the counter and I for one am happy that that is not what Hodgson is trying. I'd rather play football and fail than stink out the tournament, sneak through and go out to the first decent team yet again.

We have crap defenders, we have several young, talented attacking players. Roll with it.

Back