• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Euro Disney

DTS

The Business
Hi All

Planning on taking family this November to Euro Disney. Everyone I have spoken to literally says its a total rip off. Anyone got any tips on what has worked well for you?

Cheers
DtS

What each? depends how big the family is I suppose :winking:

Been 5 times and id say 3 days maybe to long,2 tops.
You could do euro both sides in a long day then futrescope the next then parc asterix on the way back.
Try and book hotels on the parcs so you can rest when fecked.
Euro is great for kids but does get a tad busy,if you are driving in but staying off site then park up at one of the 4 or 5 hotels close to disney for frre and jump on the free bus service.

Hi All

Planning on taking family this November to Euro Disney. Everyone I have spoken to literally says its a total rip off. Anyone got any tips on what has worked well for you?

Cheers
DtS

Not having kids.

For an alternative but less cost efficient solution Mickey Mouse costumes are about £70 on ebay.

Or a Col Ewe shirt would be about £40.

Been 5 times and id say 3 days maybe to long,2 tops.
You could do euro both sides in a long day then futrescope the next then parc asterix on the way back.
Try and book hotels on the parcs so you can rest when fecked.
Euro is great for kids but does get a tad busy,if you are driving in but staying off site then park up at one of the 4 or 5 hotels close to disney for frre and jump on the free bus service.
I disagree. Went went for 5 days and frankly that wasn't long enough. It was mid June when we went and the weather was fantastic. The kids were perhaps 6 & 5 and we stayed at the "pink palace" as they called it. We got fast passes included in the stay but the hotel allowed us in to the park an hour ahead of everyone else so we nipped around doing certain things two or three times before the crowds really arrived. This was six maybe 7 years ago and it's still the holiday they are desperate to repeat. My tip is stay in the big Disney hotel, as if your kids are young it's nice to go back mid afternoon and if you want a break you can use the pool without having to catch buses.

Eurostar. Direct to the resort, easy peasy. Admittedly we went probably about 11 or 12 years ago now, but from talking to others it's still the best way to travel. If you then stay at a Disney hotel as well, they look after your luggage for you on your arrival and departure days so you can make the most of the time.

We found getting in the park early was good, for some reasons the European visitors didn't get there too early. If you do this, get your favourite rides done early in the day. Europeans often don't understand the queueing system too well, so if you're waiting patiently for your kids to meet one of the characters, don't be too surprised if some family barges in front of you - hopefully they've taken a leaf out of the American's books by now on this as it was chaotic.

Casey Junior is a great ride to start off, quite gentle but a decent length. Be prepared for headphones to be in use on some of the rides where there's a lot of commentary.

As a general rule, we found it better value to eat outside of the parks in the big "village" that's outside, there's a huge McDonalds there and several other recognisable things. If it's still there, do Buffalo Bill's - it's great fun.

Definitely do a character breakfast (or other meal though), worth the money.

Also there's a shopping outlet village nearby (Marnee la vallee, I think, from memory). you can hop on the train or a coach easily to get there.

Also pondering this one, thanks for posting the thread Dave. If we went this autumn, the kids would be just turned four. A little young perhaps; worth waiting another year or two?

The nagging from Beth isn't too bad yet so we can wait :smile:

Also pondering this one, thanks for posting the thread Dave. If we went this autumn, the kids would be just turned four. A little young perhaps; worth waiting another year or two?

The nagging from Beth isn't too bad yet so we can wait :smile:

Depends on if and when you want to do the American ones. Once you've done them, you would find it harder to really appreciate Paris. We first went to America when my daughter was just under 5 and my son just under 7, he can remember it, she can't. We went to Eurodisney 2 years later and they both remembered that, and then returned to America three years later.

Hi All

Cheers
DtS

It's just like Adventure Island but with fewer tattoos and fights.

Eurostar. Direct to the resort, easy peasy. Admittedly we went probably about 11 or 12 years ago now, but from talking to others it's still the best way to travel. If you then stay at a Disney hotel as well, they look after your luggage for you on your arrival and departure days so you can make the most of the time.

We found getting in the park early was good, for some reasons the European visitors didn't get there too early. If you do this, get your favourite rides done early in the day. Europeans often don't understand the queueing system too well, so if you're waiting patiently for your kids to meet one of the characters, don't be too surprised if some family barges in front of you - hopefully they've taken a leaf out of the American's books by now on this as it was chaotic.

Casey Junior is a great ride to start off, quite gentle but a decent length. Be prepared for headphones to be in use on some of the rides where there's a lot of commentary.

As a general rule, we found it better value to eat outside of the parks in the big "village" that's outside, there's a huge McDonalds there and several other recognisable things. If it's still there, do Buffalo Bill's - it's great fun.

Definitely do a character breakfast (or other meal though), worth the money.

Also there's a shopping outlet village nearby (Marnee la vallee, I think, from memory). you can hop on the train or a coach easily to get there.

Good call Buffalo Bills, still got my hat :smile:,that to me was a great evening and the kids loved every minute, would wait till the kids are perhaps 6 or 7 then they will apprecaite everything including the parades.
If you donot want to stay in the aprk, we stayed just five minutes outside with a bus every hlaf an hour into Euro Disney,much cheaper though I guess not the same experience as staying in the camp, though the kids were so tired it made no difference, up in the morning brekkie, and then off to the park, home crashed out a sleep then groundhog day all over a gain :smile:

Depends on if and when you want to do the American ones. Once you've done them, you would find it harder to really appreciate Paris. We first went to America when my daughter was just under 5 and my son just under 7, he can remember it, she can't. We went to Eurodisney 2 years later and they both remembered that, and then returned to America three years later.

Thanks Kay - can't rep you but would have!

Wondering about going to the States as this is their last year before they go to school and we get hit by the holiday hike, but again it is whether they would get enough out of it and remember it down the line.

Either way, even if I did want to drop this whole Disney thing, the kids won't let it go, let it goooooo.....

Dave, my wife and I took our two boys in March this year. Although we didn't have to pay for the youngest (under 3) the total cost was under £800 for three nights in the Sequoia Lodge (ten min walk to the parks), Eurostar train, all park tickets, Disney Express to deal with the luggage and half board (breakfast at the hotel and then a choice of either lunch or dinner at any of the park restaurants or back at the hotel).

We booked it through the Disney official site as they had various offers. The price will mainly depend on if it's school holidays so best to avoid where possible.

We spent everyday at the parks, wasn't too busy and plenty to keep the kids entertained.

We went to the Florida one last year when our kids were 1 and nearly 4 - the youngest obviously didn't get much out of it, but the eldest loved every minute and still talks about it. At some point he'll forget, but for the time you're there it's more than worth it.

We went out of school time so flights were cheaper and parks less busy (also a lot cooler).

Back