• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euros

2o minutes in and I would say honours even. Tactically the Spanish have the edge.

Balance of play not going how i thought it would, Spain have done far better than I expected so far

The Italians are playing a very high press and looking to get the ball behind the Spanish back four. A couple of times they have nearly achieved it as well.

In first half Spain have defended and possession build ups like England but without the pace or set piece strength we have.
Italy have defended well but lost the midfield however they break very fast, lots of runners and then the midfield moves forward as a unit.
Good half.
Ref has done well BUT got, imo, the foul on Emerson wrong.

Last edited:
Time seems to be going very quickly watching this game. I suspect it will take a lot longer tomorrow night!

Time seems to be going very quickly watching this game. I suspect it will take a lot longer tomorrow night!

We need a goal to get this game going.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day, that's for sure.

I'm actually glad Italy beat Spain, I could have seen Spain causing our system some problems with their possession based play, Italy's style is more akin to what we've come up against so far (albeit they do it a lot better than most).

Sadly it seems now that people are trying to make the world go against England,if you go by some press reports.
Ive heard on the UK radio about some countries press writing this and that about us,which i find(if true) very unfair.
I thought we could have had two pens v Denmark,IMO,but even if im wrong,the better team won.Dont think many would disagree.
But one Danish paper writing..no wonder everbody hates the English..is the wrong thing to write(even though some people might think they are right).NO papers,even British papers should not go so OTT,they/we do sadly sometimes.
Even today on the front page of the BILD paper,here in Germany,telling Germans how cheating/lucky we are just like 1966.
Inside it gets even worse anti English stuff,but the worst is page two editorial..writing how we cheat,awful fans,that we have 6 HOME games etc...when there is a football GOD,then he will make sure that the Engländers will be crying sunday evening.
Even the local paper here has written (today)about Englands non-penalty and the 1966 goal that never was!!
So its not just the UK press that writes cr@p sometimes

Dubious penalty but England probably deserved to win on balance. Another good allround ream performance and all credit to Southgate for the impressive way he has shaped the most competitive and cohesive England team for ages. Just hope that the final lives up its billing and that neither side indulges in amateur dramatics to mar the occasion. Kane's falling over antics are embarrassing and one or two of the Italians are equally as bad.

Understand what you written there,BE,you are correct.
But if Kane earns a pen,then fair play....Italians,Germans etc have been doing this and worse for decades.
As for the dubious penalty,again,you may well be right,but on German( Bundesliga) games TV..nearly every weekend penalties are earnt by someone being touched slightly,but nobody moans here..
But strangely when we do it,Germans ,everybody and their donkeys moan.
Lets forget the Denmark game...but if you go back into football history,how Germany has won things from allegedly the players being on drugs,winning the1954 or 58 world cup.
The first players to be tested positive(V England) at the 1966 W/C final....again this is alleged by a GERMAN uni,not Brit,French etc..GERMAN
I believe(not sure),but that has never been denied by FIFA.
We can go further onto 1974 when Müller dived for the winning penalty...the Germans still laugh about it.
We can go on..the" flying German" klinsmann,Voller etc
We can go on...and lets not talk about what the Italians club/country have got up to !!
I know this not about this EURO...but you are right nobody like cheating....BUT
Cheats DO prosper.
(if people like it or not)

Back