• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euros

Spain's name is on the cup.

They've been poor yet have continually been bailed out by own goals, soft referee decisions like today's red card and now won a terrible penalty shoot out.

Soft penalty but the right decision as we want to see Belgium push this Italian side.

It will be such a travesty when Spain knocks out Italy.

Sorry but it's not gonna happen.
I hope not, up until last ten minutes the Italian game plan has been exceptional and well executed with skill and hard graft.
I thought it was a soft pen conceded needlessly at just the worse time.
Refs seem to be getting tournament fatigue and their performances slipping slightly which I hope does not affect game outcomes.
England v Italia final I hope!

I hope not, up until last ten minutes the Italian game plan has been exceptional and well executed with skill and hard graft.
I thought it was a soft pen conceded needlessly at just the worse time.

Refs seem to be getting tournament fatigue and their performances slipping slightly which I hope does not affect game outcomes.
England v Italia final I hope!

I thought Italy decided to hang on to their lead for the first time in this tournament.Not so sure it was really a "soft pen"either.Would agree that it's looking rather like an England v Italy final atm.

Spain are very average, I can see Italy beating them, luck can only take you so far.

TBF they do have some good players.But I don't really feel that Luis Enrique has kept his promise to make them more direct and end their passing style of play.He certainly did that with Bar$a but maybe got lucky that both Xavi and Inniesta were at the end of their careers there.If Spain had a decent CF they would of course be a better prospect.

TBF they do have some good players.But I don't really feel that Luis Enrique has kept his promise to make them more direct and end their passing style of play.He certainly did that with Bar$a but maybe got lucky that both Xavi and Inniesta were at the end of their careers there.If Spain had a decent CF they would of course be a better prospect.

If England don't reach the final, it will be our own fault. On paper we have a great squad of players and (if me prediction is correct) we'll play Italy in the final. It's a long way to go yet, but I like our style of play, we're so hard to break down, and now Kane has got his first goal, fingers crossed he'll bring out his scoring boots tonight.

If England don't reach the final, it will be our own fault. On paper we have a great squad of players and (if me prediction is correct) we'll play Italy in the final. It's a long way to go yet, but I like our style of play, we're so hard to break down, and now Kane has got his first goal, fingers crossed he'll bring out his scoring boots tonight.

Italy are clearly the best team in the tournament, then daylight, then probably followed by England but after that might actually be Denmark. Really interested to see if the Czechs can stretch them. They don't have stars but have really surprised me.

Sadly it won't matter as Spain will somehow shin their way to an undeserved title.

If England don't reach the final, it will be our own fault.
On paper we have a great squad of players and (if me prediction is correct) we'll play Italy in the final. It's a long way to go yet, but I like our style of play, we're so hard to break down, and now Kane has got his first goal, fingers crossed he'll bring out his scoring boots tonight.

FWIW I'd agree with YB that Italy are the best team in the tournament However I've got a sneaking suspicion after last night's excellent game that England will beat them.First time I've felt this way since 1966.Credit to you spotting that England had the easier route to the final if they beat Germany.

FWIW I'd agree with YB that Italy are the best team in the tournament However I've got a sneaking suspicion after last night's excellent game that England will beat them.First time I've felt this way since 1966.Credit to you spotting that England had the easier route to the final if they beat Germany.

It really was a master class performance.

Credit to Southgate and his backroom staff, everything has been spot on. Kane has now found his scoring boots, the formation and change of tactics to suit different opposition is top stuff.

Wealso don't have any big time charlies in the squad, they just go about quietly getting on with the job in hand.

I think we'll beat Denmark and have a good chance of beating Italy. They won't want to play us right now.

Back