• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ever missed an interview through stupidity?!

Mr Gilbo

Manager
I was to have a job interview at Essex County Council today a 2pm. That is the date and time I wrote on the calendar and my diary. But when I came to re-open the pack to complete medical questionnaire I noticed the date of interview was yesterday.

So has anyone else done this?!

Not actual interviews, but I have with recruitment agencies!
Not that bothered as I class them (in the main) as scum! :p

When I was a young 'un I missed an interview because I couldn't find the place. :D

Days before mobile phones!

My first ever proper job after uni, I cancelled the interview on the morning it was meant to take place as I was extremely hungover. Strangely they didnt think it odd that I only asked it to be postponed by one day, and I was given the job. In fairness it was a **** job, Always think interviews go better if you are not overly fussed whether you get it or not!

Lol, I remember in another interview for some dull as f**k bank job, the interviewer asked me what my worst subject at school was;

Me; "Business Studies....."

Didn't get that job....

Not actual interviews, but I have with recruitment agencies!
Not that bothered as I class them (in the main) as scum! :p

I once turned up at the wrong agency! I said I had an appointment at 11 o'clock and there was no booking. I was arguing adamantly that I had phoned a few days previous and spoke to a lady called Sarah (and this lady was called Sarah) and booked for Manpower at 11. It was then that I noticed a sign on the wall saying 'Chartwell Employment'.

I left with my tail firmly between my legs! :o

Just spoke to them and unfortunatley they have already made a decision.

He did add he was disappointed as I was a very strong candidate and really wanted to meet me. That sucks! Might have to head up to wembley early now!!

Just spoke to them and unfortunatley they have already made a decision.

This is more often than not the case when it comes to applying for public sector roles. They have to advertise externally even though they more than likely have already got in mind the exact person who will fill the role.

Big projects coming up on the Railway - Thameslink, Cross Rail, not to mention the Olympics.

No idea what your skills are, but if you want a licence to print money, get involved in one of them.

Big projects coming up on the Railway - Thameslink, Cross Rail, not to mention the Olympics.

No idea what your skills are, but if you want a licence to print money, get involved in one of them.

I am hoping the same will apply to Glasgow 2014 :D

I have never missed an interview but I have recently failed an interview at the final hurdle with a US bank which has had me on a downer for a couple of days.

I am seriously thinking of starting my own investment bank and showing them who's the daddy

I went for an interview, did really well, got called back a couple of days later for a second interview...

...and turned up late. The look of total disappointment / disgust on the panel's faces as I shuffled in 15 minutes late said it all, really.

I've never made that mistake again. I'm late for most things in life (I blame it on being brought up in Brazil where, as BtD will confirm, time is a much more elastic concept than it is in the UK), but since that day, I'm always early for interviews.

:( :thump:

What a morning!!!

Post just arrived and a thickish envelope from London Metropolitan University offering me the job of the interview I had with them 2 weeks ago.

LMAO

Congrats Gilbo! As i have had a number of interveiws over the last few months and having worked for the same company for over 20 years it as taken a while to try and get back into the swing of selling ones sole to the highest bidder. Unfortunatly it as become a common theme where recently a job that I applied for contacted me and asked me to come down and have a chat over a position they thought I had the criteria to do. Turned Up smart suit and all the ammunition ready ( cerificates,training,experience,refrences ) only to be greeted by a H.R female manager in a dress and flipflops and her sidekick, with green hair and pierced ...everything.
The actual job was write up my street, and although feeling a bit uncomfortable at first everything seemed to be going swimmingly .I have realised not to talk about salary but felt relaxed enough to ask what sort of package they could offer me as she seemed to indicate the job was mine all be it ageeing a start date.
"I will call you monday to finalise things.she said" Monday came and went ,so did tues. wed ,thurs and friday I got a phone call basically saying that after careful deliberation they decided that I was over qualified and felt that they could not put together a package that would reflect my experince.
Why on earth they bothered to contact me is beyond me and I suspect that probably there was and issue with me turning up in a suit, you just cant win and I suspect that if I had turned up with my @rse hanging out of a pair of jeans wearing greeb eye shadow with piercings threw my nose. I would have got it 100%.

Last edited:
Congrats Gilbo.

I've never been late for an interview, in fact I've always been painfully early. However I went for a job some years ago, and you get a sense of how well or not it's going. And this one wasn't going too well at all and the bloke conducting the interview was a sweaty, and bloody hard going. Eventually he asked if the thought of coming to work hours before the appointed time and working really hard all day excited me. My response was frankly no, cue immediate cessation of interview. Couldn't understand why.:confused: :rolleyes:

What a morning!!!

Post just arrived and a thickish envelope from London Metropolitan University offering me the job of the interview I had with them 2 weeks ago.

LMAO

See, they need cleaners everywhere :D

In all seriousness, congrats. Usually it's who you know and not what you know. So as you have got the job from your own merits...bloody great!!

Thanks guys! Big smile on face! Hopefully the swiss can't wipe it off later!!!!!

Back