• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Napster

No ⭐
Squad O ... Manager: Drastic Sturgeon

GK John O'Brien
CB Osei Sankofa
CB Danny O'Shea
CB Owen Simpson
LM Kevin O'Callaghan
CM Bert Oswald
CM Adrian Owers
RM Anton Otulakowski
F Ricky Otto
F Joe O'Neil
F Owen Williams

Squad N ... Manager: True Blue

GK Neil Freeman
LB Nicky Nicolau
CB Rob Newman
CB Neil Townsend
RB Nicky Smith
LM Terry Nichol
CM Nicky Bailey
CM John Nielsen
RM Garry Nelson
F Tommy Nuttall
F Neil Tolson

I'd suggest the Ns look stronger but don't know enough about all the players here so I'm looking for some info from the team managers before I vote...

Neither team look massively strong but the O's have 3 full backs as centre backs and no height. With True Blues wingers and Nicky Bailey, surely Tolson would have a field day. Don't know Nuttall but it's a Team N win for me.

I see this as a sort of 4-3-3 formation. Owers is protecting the back four, with Oswald the more attacking CM. O’Neill & Williams are the centre forwards and Ricky Otto has a free licence to roam where he likes. I’ll admit, defence is my weak area, but we’re strong on flair with four ex-wingers on the field. Whilst we don’t have a standout striker, Otto, O’Neil, Williams & Oswald are all well capable of finding the back of the net, and O’Shea and Otulakowski will chip in with the odd goal too.

Whilst defence is my weakpoint I don't see anything in the N's attack to be afraid of, Tolson has a goal average of 0.28 per game and Nuttall a meagre 0.19. My attack averages 0.98 goals a game - O’Neil 0.48, Williams 0.25, Otto 0.25​

"O's" Team Info.

1. Jon O’Brien GK (GK 1985-86 11 apps)
2. Osei Sankofa CB (RB/CB 2008-10 39 apps)
3. Owen Simpson CB (FB 1969-71 73 apps 1 goal)
4. Danny O’Shea CB (Mid 1985-89 136 apps 12 goals. Moved to Cambridge Utd 200 apps. Moved to Def later in career. Over 460 pro career apps)
5. Adrian Owers CM (Mid 1982-85 27 apps. Moved to Brighton where he made 40 apps)
6. Kevin O’Callaghan LM (LW 1991-92 24 apps 1 goal. Gained 21 caps for Ireland, scoring once. Also appeared in Escape to Victory)
7. Anton Otulakowski RM (RW 1979-83 187 apps 8 goals. Crowd favourite, also played for Barnsley, West Ham, Milwall & Palace)
8. Bert Oswald CM (LW 1934-1939 137 apps 24 goals. Signed from Sheffield Utd)
9. Joe O’Neil CF (CF 1952-53 25apps 12 goals. On Loan from Aberdeen due to National Service in Shoeburyness)
10. Owen Williams CF (FW 1930-31 16 apps 4 goals. Previously played for Middlesboro making 200 apps & winning div2 title)​
11. Ricky Otto FW (LW 1993-94 75 apps 19 goals. One of the most exciting players to ever play for Southend)

This is a close one, COME ON TEAM O!

Nicolau at LB is going to be having nightmares for weeks, and quite possibly therapy for the rest of his life faced by Otulakowski AND Ricky Otto, he's the weak link and I've told my team to expose him.

I actually didn't think Sankofa was that bad, definitely not the worst anyway. But it's Tolson's metal plate in his body that did it for me. (Him and Carruthers up front, were marvelous back in the day!)

Looks like it's getting away from me now. But the O Team will keep playing to the final whistle :clap:

Back